A Beautiful Mess

"Hey Crystal"

 Dona walked into Crystal's studio, which was quite large. It had a retro type of modern style to it. There were throw pillows in one area, easels in the other. One table has an assortment of paintbrushes surrounded by beanbag chairs. The walls were painted, with mosaics from classical history. Even the lights resembled stars.

"Don't you need to be resting?" She rushed up to Dona and hugged her-softly as if not to hurt her.

"It's boring at home." She sniffled. Crystal smiled.

"Then you've come to the right place." Her red hair was tied in two buns with chop-sticks and she looked flamboyant. The tattoos decorating her arm made her look even more innovative. She ushered Dona to the small bar. She didn't ask, just poured wine. By now she knew Dona well enough to read her body language.

"So tell me more about this demonstration."

Crystals eyes lit up."One of my favourite artists. Jason Pollock," she said. 

Dona was about to get ready for another lecture, although she didn't mind because Crystal knew how to grab someone's attention.

"I will be doing a demonstration of how he applies his paint onto his canvas." She started to walk around the room.

"Now we know that he had a very different way of painting."

"He uses a dribble and splash technique. Where he does not use normal mediums like brushes but uses sticks or other items."

Dona nodded," So your canvas will be on the floor and you need me to help you because you have a fear of messing something up".

Crystal stopped walking. "Funny enough Pollock describes his artworks as a beautiful mess."

"It looks like one."Dona took a sip of her wine.

" I just feel like my personality doesn't suit messy art." Crystal pointed towards Dona." And that's where you come in."

" I don't know whether I should be offended or flattered."

Crystal had her phone in her pocket and it was attached to a little fluff ball. It bounced every time she spoke. " You should be flattered. Jason Pollock is the first American artist to influence European art. And we are going to use him as a role model for the youth".

"So not adults this time?"

"No."She swatted her hand. "Cute kiddies."

Dona loved kids. She was especially happy that this would take her mind off of things for a while. Although the idea of being around kids left with an unkempt sadness that she didn't wish to endear. She loved the atmosphere, filled with innocence and potential. It made her think back to her. Before her thoughts delved into the memory Crystal's voice shook her.

"There's this one student."Crystal sat next to her. " Her father calls her, his bird." She smiled. "She is just the cutest thing".

Little bird? : Dona thought.  A timid reply gave way to a sullen memory. 

"Mom"." She looked at Dona with eyes filled with ambition. "I'm going to paint the sky." 

Dona smirked and played along with her visions. "How will you be able to do that Penn?."

Her golden locks were tied into pigtails and she wore the cutest bow. She twirled in the room with a sparkling dress that glinted lights onto the surrounding area. The lights shimmered and lit up the room like stars. She smiled like magic and bowed in appeasement at her dance. 

"I'm going to do it with a little bit of pixie dust." She motioned a wand with her hand and twirled while giggling. She smiled her way back into memory.