It's us or nothing

Returning home, she felt uneasy- it made her feel as though she were a stranger in her own home. With her studio in disarray, Harry tried to make it seem less fluky. He had made them dinner; and gave her more attention than usual, he would watch her with concern freckling his eyebrow; and she'd smile to reassure him. That nothing was wrong. While they were cuddling, Harry skimmed through the channels. They watched the news report and saw the supposed deranged artists effect on the populace.

-Hey Doll, I heard what happened. So sorry about that, hope Harry's giving you lots of kisses-

She was in his arms and kept leaving lipstick stains on his cheeks.

-Because of the incident, I suppose you won't be able to make it to art class. When you feel up for it, I'm always available on weekends-

Harry nuzzled her neck, and she giggled.

-I always need an assistant when I'm doing a Jason Pollock demonstration. Call me back, lots of love.-

She reached for her phone and checked her messages. The most suspicious message was that from an unknown number. Text messages from friends ae welcomed with a smile, this one-made her frown.

Another message appeared:

-Zoe here got your number from your superiors. I need you to see something, meet me at the address below-

The address was of an upcoming art gallery; it was opening in two days from now.

Dona turned to Harry." I have to go to the Berge Gallery."

"When?"

"Two days from now."

"And what about Crystal?"

"I'll see her one of these days."

He held her close and sighed, "After you've rested."

 She pocked his nose. 'Of course, I wouldn't want to give you a heart attack." They turned their attention back to the screen, and he changed the channel.