14. apologies & new developments

Start from the beginning

I thought of it. Do I just tell him straight up that I couldn't make it? I cleared my throat, about to tell him I couldn't, when a girl who was walking in our direction, swaying her hips with extra effort walked by us, tapping Logan's shoulder, "Text me, Logan."

Logan shrugged her off and looked back at me. Really, he had so many girls pining after him. Why did he want me?

"I have work on that day," I didn't know why I said that when I knew well I didn't have work on that day.

I saw his face fall and I instantly felt bad.

"Well, uh, how about we just hope for another time?" He said.

"Okay, yeah," I nodded.

"By the way, I got you something," his eyes sparkled and he dipped his hand in his backpack, taking out a box of chocolates.

"I wasn't sure what kind to get you, but I really hope you like it."

I was surprised and in that manner, I took it from him, "Whoa, Logan, thanks."

He smiled a cute smile before walking away. It wasn't long at all after he left when Kaleb came up to me, a silly grin on his face.

"Must you always look like an idiot?" I chuckled. "And don't you have a class?"

"Not until ten minutes," his gaze dropped to the book in my hand, "What's that?"

"What does it look like? It's a box of chocolates."

His eyes didn't leave mine as he took the box from me and examined it, "Who gave it to you?"

"Logan?" I answered.

"Why?" He had an eyebrow raised and I shrugged, "He just did. He asked if we could try a date this weekend."

"And?"

"I told him I was busy Saturday."

"Good, but are you really busy?"

"Nope," I shook my head.

"Even better, because its the day for FIFA and food."

"Madden," I corrected.

"Oh yeah," he rolled his eyes.

I smiled in satisfaction, then looked to see that Kaleb had plopped a chocolate into his mouth. Immediately, I smacked his hand hard, taking the box from him, glaring, "What the hell is your problem? Jeez, you have no manners, Kaleb. It's meant for me. What if Logan sees you eating it?"

The bell rang, indicating it was time for another class.

"Don't finish those chocolates without me," he told me as we started our journey to our classes.

*****

"Whoa," I said in amusement. "I've never been to this part of the bakery."

I really was surprised. I had followed River to this part of the bakery after I was done working for the day. It seemed like an extension of the bakery which was on another side I didn't know existed.

"And you work here. Wow," he said sarcastically, a hint of a smile on his face.

"Well, only for about two weeks," I said in my defense. "And my job is on the other side only."

By this time, his camera was in his hand and he took a picture of the scenery, "Only two weeks?"

"Mhm," I nodded, watching him as he took a few more pictures.

"I'm surprised it isn't longer. You do your job quite well," he looked away from the camera. I flushed. Did he really notice how I worked?

"Thank you," I said. "How did you discover this part of the bakery?"