"Ah, fuck!" Kwame called out from the bathroom.

            "What was that?" Kendall asked. "Is he okay?"

            I smiled and said, "Oh, he's better than okay."

            After running some water, Kwame stepped out of the bathroom buckling his belt and said, "Hey, Kendall."

            "Hi, Kwame." He watched as Kwame went into the kitchen and then asked me, "So, what about Zade?"

            "Ken, I'll fill you in later. Right now, I have some stuff to do."

            "Call me tonight."

            "I will. I promise."

            "Love you."

            "Love you, too. And thanks for letting me borrow the shoes." I hugged him and then let him out before closing the door. I went back into the kitchen and asked Kwame, "You didn't get cum on my good towels in there, did you?"

            "Nah," he replied. "I nutted on some rolled up toilet paper and put it in the trash. It would've felt better if you had sucked the nut out but I'm good."

            "I'm sorry, baby."

            "E, it's all good." He noticed the shoes and asked, "That's what you wearin' to your dinner with ol' boy?"

            "Yep. I already have my black outfit to wear but none of my shoes looked good with it. I remember Kendall had these loafers and black goes great with gold."

            "How the hell do you and Kendall wear the same size shoe? You're like twice his height."

            "I don't know. We're both a size ten and a half."

            "Damn, I can't wear your shoes then. I'm a size twelve." He picked up his bottle of Heineken and drank from it again before asking, "What time are you gonna be back from your date?"

            "Date?" I laughed and told him, "It shouldn't last more than an hour or two."

            "Oh, okay. Well, I'm about to go see what's good with ESPN. Holla if you need me for anything." He leaned in and kissed me before heading back into the living room.

            I smiled as I took the shoes into my bedroom and thought about everything. I took a deep breath as I sat down on my bed and said to myself, "This is it."

            I didn't spend too long getting ready

            I didn't spend too long getting ready. I took a bath instead of a shower but I still didn't take too long. My mind was mainly focused on getting it right for Zade. I cared about his feelings too much to just tell him it's over without fully explaining my decision to him. After my bath, I shaved and put on lotion before getting dressed. I put on a little cologne and after grabbing my leather men's clutch with my keys, money, license and other necessities in it; I stepped out of the bedroom.