CHAPTER TWELVE

"Everyone get up," a loud voice commanded.

I rubbed my eyes, feeling incredibly groggy and having no idea what the time was.

"Ugh, what time is it?" I heard a voice from the other side of the dormitory ask.

"It's 3 in the morning. Now get up and meet us by the tracks in 15 minutes," the voice said as he walked out. Listening to the tone, I could only assume it was Eric.

"Why the hell are they waking us up at 3 in the morning?" Jasper moaned as he got out of bed.

"Beats me," I replied, pulling a clean black t-shirt over my head. I pulled on my black trousers and laced up my boots. I walked into the bathroom where I saw Sage already applying her make up quickly. I grabbed an eyeliner and mascara and attempted to make myself look somewhat okay.

"Everyone ready?" Chase asked us all, keeping an eye on his watch.

I nodded, grabbing my jacket and heading out of the dormitory with the rest of the initiates.

We walked down the winding corridors for a while until we eventually arrived outside, right by the tracks. Eric and Four were stood waiting for us, both looking at their watches to see how long until the train would come. To my surprise, the Dauntless-born initiates were also there. I smiled as I saw Elliot, Deon, and Matt and began to walk over to them, but my head snapped towards a sound I heard in the distance, and seeing a few people's do the same I assumed it meant that the train was coming. I braced myself, ready to pull myself onto it.

As the train started coming towards us we all started jogging along the tracks until Eric and Four jumped up and opened a different carriage door each. I grabbed onto a handle and swung myself in, finding it a lot easier than the first time. I sat down against the wall of the carriage as I watched the rest of my friends jump onto the train.

After everyone had made it onto the train, Eric spoke.

"Listen up initiates, we're playing a game of capture the flag. We do this every year with the initiates and let me tell you, this isn't a game. We take this very, very seriously."

"There are two teams," Four said, interrupting Eric, "Eric and I are the captains of each team and will take it in turn to choose who we want. The aim of this game is to capture the other teams flag - simple, however, you need to make sure that yours won't be caught either. Eric, do you want to pick first?"

"Yeah, I'll take Lee," he said. A fire of rage was ignited within me, how could he choose Lee after what happened? And why was he his first choice? I could only hope that Four saw this and made sure I was on his team and not Eric's.

"I'll take Matt," Four said, gesturing for Matt to come towards him.

Eric looked around the carriage for a few seconds before speaking, "Iris."

I saw Sage's jaw drop in the corner of my eye, clearly just as shocked as I felt. I gritted my teeth together and walked towards Eric, refusing to meet his eye.

"Okay... I want Chase," Four said, trying hard to mask his confusion over why Eric chose me and Lee to be on the same team.

I zoned out of what they were saying until I felt Jasper touch my arm.

"Hey, you alright?"

I sighed, running a hand through my hair, "Yeah, I guess so."

"Don't worry too much about it, you've got me, Sage and Deon on your team," he said in an attempt to reassure me.

"Yeah, let's just try to forget about him and enjoy the game," I replied, giving him a weak smile.

I felt the train slow slightly just before Eric announced that his team would be jumping off first. I walked towards the carriage door and followed Eric as he jumped out. I rolled slightly and stood up next to him as he caught my eye.