Elyse gulped. 

“Justin’s asked you right?” She said peering at Elyse. 

“Um not yet.” Elyse said nervously, trying not to squirm under Grace’s eye. 

“Well here he comes at two o’clock.” Grace said. 

~~~

“I like Planck’s Constant, it’s a set number that’s easy to remember.” Greg argued. 

Elyse gave him a look as they were currently working on their chemistry homework, which Elyse detested and Greg apparently loved. 

“I mean its pretty cool you know how the-”

“Elyse did he ask you?” Grace asked barging in. 

Greg sighed before giving his sister a glare that she ignored. 

“Huh?”

“Justin! Did he ask you to homecoming.”

“Oh that, yeah.”

Grace gave her a look at her reluctance but quickly brushed it off as she got her answer.  “Now we can go shopping this weekend for our dresses!”

Elyse shot Greg a horrified look, in which he gave her one of sympathy. 

~~~

“This is so exciting.” Mrs. James said as she took furious pictures of Grace, Heather, and Elyse whom had all decided to meet at Elyse’s to send her off with Justin, while the two girls would be going together and meeting some friends. 

Elyse gave a wide awkward smile, trying to resist the urge to rub her eyes as Grace had done her makeup. 

It only got more awkward when Justin came to the door and then Elyse had to endure another ten minutes of posing with him. 

As Justin opened the back seat of his mom’s SUV for Elyse, she couldn’t help but look over her shoulder at Greg’s window wishing the boy would come…

~~~

For the first hour, Elyse and Justin literally sat on the edge, at a table. 

Elyse fidgeted with her hair as she looked over at the dance floor, where Heather and Grace were, then at Justin.  She sighed.  They’d only gone of those two dates, and now...  It was just so awkward.  She couldn’t dance and well, she didn’t really feel comfortable enough to dance with Justin either. 

Elyse looked up when Lisa, another girl from quiz bowl came up and over to them.  Her jaw dropped in the most unattractive way when Justin went off to the dance floor with her. 

~~~

“What the hell is she doing dancing with Justin, while you’re here?” Grace demanded, her French nailed fingers, tapping on her crossed arms. 

“I, I”

Grace didn’t let her finish as she took Elyse’s arm to drag her to where Justin and Lisa were.

“Grace what do I do?”

“Demand an answer.” Grace said. 

Elyse looked at her, then shook her head ready to go back but Grace wouldn’t let her. 

~~~

Elyse tapped on Justin’s shoulder, feeling Grace’s piercing gaze on her. 

Justin whirled around to face her, a look of pure surprise on his face. “Oh, hi Elyse.”

“Um Justin, what’s going on?” She asked gesturing to Lisa. 

Justin tugged on his tie.  “Um Elyse, I don’t think we’re working out.” He stuttered, his powder blue eyes avoiding looking at her, sweat starting to form right under his dark brown hair. 

Elyse just stared at him.  She blinked before whirling around not saying a word.  She ignored Heather and Grace calling her name, deciding she needed fresh air.

As she stood leaning against a column near the parking lot, Elyse took her heels off, sighing. 

“You just got dumped at homecoming Elyse.” She told herself looking up at the star lit sky.  “At homecoming.” She repeated.  “At least you didn’t give him your first kiss.”

“Good, he was so weird anyway.”

Elyse jumped as she heard the voice, turning to the direction she heard the voice from, her mouth dried, her heart beating rapidly at seeing the person.

“I mean his mother had to drive you guys on the two dates you went on, then even to homecoming.” Greg said putting his hands in his jeans pocket. 

“Greg,” Elyse said in shock.

“Never liked the guy anyway.  So weird, he didn’t like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter.” Greg continued. 

An unconscious smile appeared on Elyse’s lips as she took Greg in, wearing his dark navy jeans and the white button up shirt.  Not even the most handsome celebrity looked as good to Elyse as Greg did at the moment.

“He wasn’t good enough.” Greg said standing right in front of her now.

Elyse didn’t say anything as she stared up at him. 

Before the two knew it, Greg leaned down whilst Elyse started to lift up on her toes.  Unfortunately their simultaneous movements caused Elyse to end up knocking the top of her head against Greg’s jaw. 

“Ouch.” Greg rubbed his jaw while Elyse held her head.  “Okay, so maybe too soon.” Greg said still rubbing his jaw. 

Elyse groaned as she blushed wildly. 

“Come on, how does Wendy’s sound?” Greg asked, taking her hand. 

Elyse looked up a soft smile on her flushed face. 

“We can even play the Backstreet Boys album I stole from Grace.” Greg grinned. 

“Perfect.”

Greg grinned even wider as he took Elyse’s heels to help her put them back on. He bent down, lightly taking her foot, he slipped one heel back on.  “Correction, imperfect according to our peers.” He began to slip the other heel on Elyse while she used his shoulder to stay balanced.  “I mean we’re ditching homecoming for Wendy’s and Backstreet boys.” Greg said standing up once more. 

Elyse never let go of his shoulder as she looked up into his soft, warm, and utterly welcoming brown orbs.  “Fine, it’s perfectly imperfect.”   

“Perfectly Imperfect,” Greg echoed.  “Yep that’s us,” He grinned as he began to lead them to his car.

“You still have to read Harry Potter.” Elyse said grabbing his arm. 

“And you need to stop dieting and going all Mr. Hyde on me. I like you the way you are.”

“Deal,” Elyse whispered as she squeezed his hand that was now holding hers. 

 ~~~

The End!

Hope you guys liked it!

My first finished story on Wattpad!

Also Elyse this story was all for you, I hope you read between the lines and understand what I'm trying to say!