Chapter 4 - Friend

© 2012 Astrix

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                    Chapter 4

                                                      Friend

“Oh Jadelynn,” The queen has her arms around me before I could react, “it’s been so long!”

I blink a few times, only coming to my senses when she pulls away. I stare at her blue eyes for a minute, before curtseying, “your highness.”

“Oh, none sense,” she waves her hand in the air, “I do not see you for seven years and you just say ‘you highness’ and curtsey. I taught you better than that.”

“My apologies,” I say, still in shock, “I did not expect you here today.”

“Did not expect me?” she asks in shock, “did you really think I would not come see the girl that is like a daughter to me?”

“Well, considering you are queen,” I simply say.

She shakes her head, before looking at me up and down, “you are so grown up. Very mature. Your hair is long, I don’t believe I’ve ever see your hair so long.”

“Well,” I started but I was interrupted.

“We’re here mother,” I stay still, forcing my eyes not to widen at the voice. “What was so important that you wanted us to rush here?”

The queen smiles, placing her hands on my shoulder and turning me around, “look who’s back.”

The princes stare at me in shock. Looking at me up and down.

The brother’s couldn’t be any more different.

Prince Kaiden, the crown prince, has light brown hair, like his mother. It’s short on the sides, and long and slightly spiked up in the front. His eyes are turquoise, a mixture between his mother’s blue eyes, and his grandfather’s green ones. He’s wearing a white shirt with a dark blue cardigan and khaki pants.

Prince Natalio, second in line for the throne, has dark brown hair almost black, like his father and it’s gelled back touching his neck. He has brown eyes like his father as well. And he’s wearing a light blue tunic with khaki pants.

“Jadelynn?” Prince Natalio is the first to speak, his voice deep, much more different than the squeaky voice he had when I left.

“The one and only,” I say back, forcing a smile on my face.

“Wow,” his eyes travel through my body again, “you look so, so-“

“Different?”

“Yes,” he smiles at me, “you look so different. In a good way.”

“Thank you, I guess,” I give him a small smile, feeling uncomfortable as his eyes continue to travel up and down my body.

“You’ve been in the states,” my eyes turn towards Prince Kaiden who is still looking at me in shock.

“I have.”

“Why?”

“I have my reasons,” I say back, my eyes hardening as he stares at me in confusion.

“Which you won’t tell me,” he says back.

“Why should I?”

“I don’t know,” he struggles looking to him left, “but I’d assume you would’ve at least told your best friend.”

“Yeah, our sister was very upset that you left without saying goodbye,” I look at the ground, feeling ashamed of myself, out of all people Princess Magdalena deserved to be told the truth.

“Where is she?” I ask, still not looking up.

“I’m right here,” the brothers’ step aside to let their brown hair, blue eyed sister step through. The glare she gives me makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up, “Jadelynn.”

“Princess Magdalena,” I bow my head down slightly, seeing as the queen is still behind me so I can’t curtsey.

“Oh, you remember me,” her icy tone makes me close my eyes, still looking down; “you have a lot of explaining to do young lady.” She came up to me, bringing her purse up, and begins to hit me repeatedly on both arms while saying, “why,” hit, “did,” hit, “you,” hit, “not,” hit, “inform,” hit, “me,” hit, “that,” hit, “you,” hit, “were,” hit, “leaving?” and hit. “Just one more for good measure,” and hit again. “Now, do tell.”

“I didn’t want to say goodbye,” I simply say, still looking down.

“You didn’t want to say goodbye?” I look up from under my eyelashes at her to find her still glaring at me, “that is a stupid reason.”

“It’s the truth.”

“Ok, then, why did you leave?” She asks and I shake my head, “what? You won’t tell me?” I shake my head again, “fine. But if I remember correctly, we told each other that if one of us were to ever keep a secret from the other, the other was to punish her.”

“Do as you wish,” I say, a smile forming on my lips, “but beware that doing so would mean that you are still my best friend.”

“Of course I’m still your best friend silly!” She hits me again with her purse. “Now, for your punishment I want you to,” I look up at her, my eyebrows raised and she smiles at me, “you’re going to love it. I want you to kiss my brother.”

“I’m sorry?” I ask in shock.

“Which one?” Prince Kaiden asks, looking at me.

“Me of course,” Prince Natalio rolls his eyes.

“Yeah right,” Magdalena rolls her eyes at him, “You’re going to kiss Kaiden.”

“I thought I was the one being punished,” I look at Magdalena, “if I kiss him you’ll punish everyone when we have to witness him throwing up.”

“Why would he throw up?” Magdalena looks at me confused.

“Why don’t you ask him?” I risk looking at the Prince, but he wasn’t staring at me, he was staring at the ground, “besides, won’t his wife kill me for touching him in such a way. By the way, where is the lovely Princess?” Magdalena stares at me with wide eyes as the others tense up, “what?”

Magdalena looks around her and grabs my hand, “forget about the punishment. Come on.”

“Don’t tell her,” I hear Prince Kaiden shout from behind us.

“She’ll find out eventually,” Magdalena shouts back before taking me to my room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**I know it's not much of a chapter, but every story needs a filler, right???

-Anyways, I should tell you, my dear readers, that I have started college, which means I'll be busy. BUT, I'm making it my top most priority to finish this story by October 31st 2012. So please, please Vote and comment, IDK if you've noticed, but this story is up for the watty awards... so please vote =D thanks

Take care,

Astrix