Chapter 8 - The Truth

Copyright 2013 Astrix Star --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8: The Truth

"That's my dad?" Dalia's eyes widen from the back seat as we park in the driveway in front of the house.

"He's really handsome. You've got good taste mom."

I blush, rolling my eyes at my little girl, "ready to meet him?" I knew it was inevitable for them to meet, better now than later."

"Let's go," she starts to unbuckle herself.

I get out of the car at the same time as Dalia, but I didn't miss the shock expression on Kaiden's face. His turquoise eyes looking at the same ones on my little girl, his daughter.

"Jadelynn," my mom gasps out, having only seen Dalia once - while she was asleep - she didn't know her eye color. "What is the meaning of this?"

I walk around my car, going towards my daughter, hosting her up on my hip, "this is my daughter mother. Remember? The one you wanted me to abort."

Kaiden turns to my mother in shock, "you knew?"

My mom is flabbergasted, "no... I mean..." My mom struggles for words.

"It's simple, did you or did you not know your daughter was pregnant when she ran away?" Kaiden's voice is hard, a way he never spoke to my mother in, considering she's his godmother.

"I ran away?" I chuckle, shaking my head, "that would require neither of my parents knowing I as leaving. Last time I checked, I gave my dear mother an ultimatum seven years ago. I'm sure you can figure out what it was."

"You let her go?" Kaiden exclaims, "You let your pregnant daughter go willingly? You knew she was pregnant and you let her go?"

I was shocked at Kaiden's reaction, since when did he care so much about me or my well-being. "What is it to you?" I ask him setting Dalia down, "go to you room sweetheart."

"Okay mummy," Kaiden looks down at Dalia when she speaks, his eyes widening again.

Dalia rushes pass the two adults near the doorway, and I follow her with my eyes until she disappears, "should I remind you, your highness," this draws Kaiden's attention back to me, "that if anyone here is responsible for my leaving is you."

"Jade-"

"Don't," I shake my head at him, walking forward, "I told you, I told you I was the girl you slept with. And what did you do? What did you say?"

Kaiden swallows, backing away, "oh, there was no way that I could be the girl you slept with, I'm too immature, a child."

"Jade-"

"No!" I scream at him, shaking my head, "you don't get to talk. You've said enough. Did you, in the last seven years ever think that it might have been me? That what I told you was true? Did you ever think that?" I was standing right in front of Kaiden now, my eyes meeting his, "did you?"

"It crossed my mind," he lets out after a few seconds, "but I wouldn't let myself believe that."

"Why? You couldn't let yourself think that you slept with me? The immature, an-"

"No," he growls, glaring at me, "I don't deserve you or her. Not after not believing you. Not after telling you all of that. That's why I wouldn't let myself think about that possibility."

His response leaves me speechless and angry, "you sure that's it? Because as I recall you didn't care either way. Or did you forget? Because I haven't," I walk pass him, "and you're right by the way," I turn around to look at him, "you don't deserve us."

"Jadelynn!" I hear my mother call but I ignore her, making my way inside, and going into the nearest room, where I allow myself to cry.

---------------------------------------------

** I know it's short... sorry. but what do you guys think of Kaiden? did he derserve for Jadelynn to treat him like that or should she cut him some slack?