Chapter 12 - Homecoming

Copyright 2013 Astrix Star

Chapter 12 - Homecoming

"Careful," I stop to look at Kaiden as he guides me inside his apartment.

"I'm not invalid," I tell him for the hundredth time, and walk in by myself, "I can walk very well thank you."

"Gosh, could you be any more cranky?" He sits down next to me on the black leather sofa in the living room, Dalia joins us, sitting to my right. "Are you tired? Hungry? Thirsty?"

"I'm tired," Dalia voices out, yawning. "I'm going to bed."

Kaiden and I watch her as she heads to the stairs at the back of the room and goes up.

"Thank you for watching her for the last few days," I tell Kaiden, "and the weeks I was, well-"

"She's my daughter," Kaiden shrugs, "I already missed out on seven years of her life."

"I'm sorry-"

"It's not your fault," he looks at his feet, "it my fault. I should had never listened to my mother. I should had gone with my intuition."

"You know, when I came here, I came with all the intention of making you suffer," I confess, shifting in my position, "for making suffer. For forcing me to raise our daughter alone."

"I will forever be sorry for the words I said-"

"But I think you suffered enough finding out you were wrong and that you had been fooled," I cut him off, "and the. Of course I found out that you had just been following your mothers' instructions."

"I promise you, that if I could go back in time and change what I said and did, I would," he takes hold of my hand, "I want you to know that. That I would have given everything to be with you."

"I would had never ask that of you," I give him a small smile, "you are the heir, it's you right to be King one day."

"Not anymore," he looks down at the pale carpet.

"What do you mean?"

"Parliament has decided that I have dishonored the crown by having an heir out of wedlock," he continues to speak to the carpet, "An heir that isn't even registered as one."

"What does that mean?"

"I'm no longer the heir to the Kostas crown," he looks up at me, "an official announcement will be released in a few weeks. My brother will succeed me." I stare at him in shock, loss for words, "it's a minimal punishment to pay for the five years I missed with you and Dalia."

"I'm so sorry Kaiden," I whisper when I regain my voice, "if I had known-"

"What? You would had tried harder to keep Dalia from me?" He stands up, walking away from me, "I don't care about the crown, not anymore."

"But you spent your whole life getting ready to be King one day," I exclaim, "the whole country will cry out in indignation. They won't put up with it."

"It doesn't matter," he shrugs turning back to me, "the decision is final."

"Why don't you fight against it?"

"I did," he lays his eyes on me, his shoulder sagging.

"Then, what-"

"I would have had to deny Dalia to remain as the crown prince," My mouth opens in shock, "it wasn't something I was willing to do." Tears came to my eyes at his words, and with a mind of its own, my legs walk to him and my arms wrap around his torso. "I love you Jadelynn. I've always loved you."

I don't say anything back, I just let him hold me as tears fall down my face.

***

Flushing the toilet, I groan sitting down on the cold floor.

"Are you ok?" Kaiden asks from behind me, still massaging my back.

I nod my head, but regret it immediately as I bend my head down to the toilet one more time. Kaiden holds my hair back again.

"Are you sure your ok? You don't need anything?" Kaiden asks frantically, "I don't think the doctor gave us anything for you."

I flush the toilet again with a sigh. I stand up slowly, Kaiden coming up with me, and leads me to the sink where I wash my mouth. I turn to him, taking hold of his hands, "I need to tell you something."

"You're not dying are you?" I laugh at his comment, shaking my head, "oh. Ok. What is it?"

Biting my bottom lip, I lead him out if the restroom and to the connecting main bedroom, sitting him down on the bed, "actually it's two things," he nods in understanding, "first: I don't want to stay in Kostas," Kaiden inhales sharply, "I'm sorry, but I just can't. My mother hates me, and my dad is dead. There's nothing for me here."

"What about me?" Kaiden's eyes widen as he pouts.

"I'm not pushing you out of my life," I tell he tenderly, "I want you to be part of it, but not here," I look down at my feet as I prepare myself for the next part, "also, I'm pregnant."

----------------------------------

Only took two weeks this time, that's a good thing! Thank goodness I'm able to update from my phone. With that in mind, I apologize for any misspellings in this chapter.
This is also the next to last chapter. I know this story is short, and personally it's not exactly how I wanted it to go which is why I will write my next stories out first before posting them here. So just incase they don't end up being as good as how I thought it'll be, you guys don't have to suffer with the inconsistent updates.

Thank you for reading,
Please vote, comment, I appreciate it a lot ^_^
Have a blessed day,
Astrix :)