Chapter 13 - New Beginnings

Copyright 2013 Astrix Star © All Rights Reserved

**This is it... the last chapter of One Night. ***

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13 – New Beginnings

I look up at Kaiden after he remains silent for a few minutes. He’s staring at me, frozen.

“Kaiden?” I whisper, but he doesn’t move, “Kaiden?” I voice out again, a little louder this time, but nothing, “Kaiden?” I try again, waving my hand in front of him, but he doesn’t even blink. Finally, I place my hands on his shoulder and shake him, hard, his head moves back and forward while the rest remains still. That snaps him out of the faze.

Kaiden blinks a few times before placing his hands on mine and stopping me for shaking him.

Once again, he’s quiet, but now he’s looking at my stomach.

“The doctor told me a few days ago,” his eyes dart to me as I speak, “I wanted to wait until the perfect time to tell you. I figured the sooner the better.”

“How far along are you?” he asks, looking back down at my stomach.

“The doctor said a few weeks,” I reach out to touch his hand, forcing him to look back at me, “I want to be back in the States in a month. Dalia’s school will be starting back up soon and I really don’t want to be here any longer than I have to.”

“What about me?” He shakes my hand off, standing up, towering over me, “I didn’t do anything wrong this time. I want to be part of this.”

“And you can,” I stand up, once again taking his hand in mine, “I’m not forbidding you from being part of your kids’ life. You can go visit them, take them on vacation-“

“And what about you?” He stops me abruptly, pulling me towards him so that we are touching, “can’t I be part of your life too?”

I smile at him, “of course you can be.”

“But not here.”

“No,” I pull away from him, “I don’t want to stay here.”

“Then we won’t,” My eyes widen at his words, “If you’re not here then there’s no reason for me to be here,” I stare at him, open mouth, “I love you Jadelynn. I mean it,” He reaches out to touch my face, tracing the back of his hand along my cheek, “I don’t want to lose you. Not again.” Before I can react, he pulls me towards him again and kisses me.

The kiss takes my breath away. His lips move against my in a rush, yet with a deepness in them, as if he’s trying to show me how much he loves me through them.

I kiss him back with as much force, screaming in my head, I love you too!

He bends down without breaking the kiss and picks me up, carrying me bridal style. I feel him walking as I place my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss with a need to be closer to him.

His lips move down to my neck as he goes up a set of stairs. He bites the spot causing me to moan, “shh,” he breath tickles my skin, “Dalia’s asleep.” He goes back to teasing my neck and I bit down on his shoulder to stop myself from moaning again.

He opens a door, the room is dark and he doesn’t turn on any light. He closes the door again and I can hear the faint sound of him locking it. He moves around the darkness, clearly not as disoriented as I am. He begins to lower me and I feel the softness of a cover below me. He hovers over me, allowing me time to acquaint myself with the darkness. I trace his face with my fingers, and soon I’m able to see the outline of his body.