Chapter 9 - Cat is Out of the Bag

© 2013 Astrix Star

Chapter 9 - Cat is out of the bag

**

"Why didn't you have me line up with everyone else?" I ask Prince Kaiden as we stood in the courtyard of the palace. "I have black hair and blue eyes."

Prince Kaiden has his back to me, "that doesn't mean anything."

"But you said that the woman you slept with has-"

"The what?" He turns to me with a smirk.

I stare at him curiously, "’the what’ what?"

"What did you say, ‘the what’ that I slept with."

"The woman. Wha-"

"Exactly," He steps towards me but doesn’t really make eye contact, "the woman I slept with. You're not a woman, you're a girl. An annoying little girl who wouldn’t come up to the ankle of the woman I spent the night with. That's why I didn't have you lined up; because I know it wasn't you."

I look at his eyes trying to find something - anything - in them, but he looks away, "But it was me."

He swallows, his Adam apple moving, "no it wasn't." He turns to glare at me, "stop lying. Did your mom set you up for this too.”?

"This too?"

"Oh don't act all innocent," he sneers at me, "you've been annoying me since forever. Following me; giggling with my sister and the other girls. I didn't mind that. It was annoying, but I could handle it. But this? Expecting me to believe that I slept with an immature, annoying, little girl just so I marry you and you become queen? Then what happens when the real woman comes, or will she even come? You probably paid her enough money to stay quiet."

I couldn't stop the tears falling down my eyes, "why would I wait a whole month to tell you this if my mom was behind all this?"

The question throws him back a little bit, but he laughs it off, "ok, ok, let's say I believe you. What are you going to tell me? That you're pregnant?"

"I am," I tell him, my eyes wide, my heart beating at finally letting the truth out. 

"Well, if that was true," the Prince walks up to me slowly, "you wanna know what I would do?" I nod, my heart calming down, knowing that he would never turn his back on his child, "I would send you away. Both of you. And I would never look back." I stare at him in shock, "I would rather lose my heir then be tied to a childish, incompetent child for the rest of my life."

"Is that what you would really do?" The tears are back, and I resist the urge to touch my stomach. Where my baby - because it's mine and mine alone now - grows.

Prince Kaiden sighs in annoyance, although something flashes in his eyes, and as desperate as I was, I saw hope in that flash, "yes. That's exactly what I will do. Now get out of my sight before I decide to exile you anyways."

**

I look out the window of my room and sigh.  

I didn't have to wonder how they found out. After my mom found out that Kaiden was Dalia's father, she found a new love towards her granddaughter. A love that couldn't be kept quiet and that the whole of Kostas had to know. 

It was no longer a secret that the Crown Prince had a daughter. Just like it isn't a secret that the mother is Jadelynn Katerina, daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Newland.