Cosmos, Chapter Fifty One - Bon'yari Shita [ぼんやりした]

Dawn came earlier than Amaya would have liked, or at least the closest semblance of it.

She didn't recall all too much about how she'd wound up back home, tucked away within the covers of her bed, however she knew she hadn't been relocated here while she'd been asleep. Had she not been coherent enough to turn in for the night herself, she wouldn't have been lying beneath the covers in just her underwear and a random shirt, that of which she could tell just as she was.

What had awoken Amaya was not the sunlight that filtered in through the half-drawn curtains of her window above her head, nor was it the natural way of winding up rested enough to awaken on her own, a sensation she couldn't quite recall in such a weary state.

No, what had awoken her was the sounds of slamming doors and her siblings calls of goodbye as they left for school.

She was at first a little perturbed by the fact that she'd slept in so late, scarcely managing a small scowl as she realized she was starting to make a habit of sleeping through her morning routine more often.

She promised herself that she was going to improve on that, but right now she was too tired to do more than lift the covers over her head and try to fall back to sleep.

It felt like forever since an actual weekend what with the culture festival just passed, and she wasn't inclined to care all that much for class when it was going to be spent mostly trying to ignore the headache caused by flickering after images of Koro-sensei's multitude of visual clones over studying.

Maybe after lunch was an okay time to go into class? Or whenever she wound up waking up again?

However, the rapping of knuckles knocking against the door of her room brought Amaya to inwardly sigh, though she didn't respond.

She pulled the covers more securely over her head, and dragged her pillow firmly over her head to try and block out the repetition that followed just a few seconds later.

She just waved it off as either Yuta or Reiko coming to check on her, since she didn't respond to their farewell just a couple minutes earlier.

Unfortunately however, she soon learned that was one of the worst things she could have done.

It was less than a minute before she heard the faint sounds of the door opening, combined with the sounds of footfalls trailing along towards her position curled up in bed.

'You're still asleep?' Came none other than Karma's voice through the covers and the pillow pressed over her head. 'That's hardly fair, you know.'

Amaya's heart spluttered within her chest as the sound of his voice immediately reminded her of certain incidents that took place the last she was awake, and soon she was starting to feel her face warm up.

No, she'd better keep pretending she was asleep. It was safer for her that way, because she wasn't game enough to deal with him after what had happened.

However, as she heard a faint chuckle escape the evil incarnate, she felt the covers over her legs shift and a hand clamp firmly around her left ankle. Within an instance, Amaya was dragged off of the bed to land roughly on the floor.

She couldn't help the gasp that had escaped her as she hit the floor, nor could she help curling up as she tried to wait out the pain churning its way through her aching side and shoulder.

She was lucky she landed on her left side, and not her right, otherwise she would be in a far worse world of hurt.

'Good morning, Amay~' Karma's amused greeting sounded, and she wasn't the least bit surprised as she heard him crouch down over her slumped form on the floor. 'How long are you going to lay there on the floor?'