Cosmos, Chapter Eleven - Indigo [インディゴ]

After the initial fright, an endless onslaught of frantic questions and demands were not what Karma's Mother had issued. She'd rushed forward the very second she seemed to collect herself, her usually bright expression instead narrowed in frantic concern. She didn't bother asking anything further – She had more important things on her mind.

And then, once she'd ascertained that her son was unharmed in spite of the blood he had managed to get over him, she then launched into a frantic investigation into Amaya's own condition.

Within less than thirty seconds, the woman had ended up practically dashing back into the other parts of the expensive and expansive apartment, dragging Amaya along after her.

Into the bathroom she was dragged, and everything else escaped her.

All she knew was the usually pleasant and mischievous woman wasn't happy right now, and she fussed beyond anything Amaya was remotely used to.

Everything else was a blur to Amaya.

Exhausted far beyond following the events around her, she did as she was told when she was told to do something, though nothing more.

Until eventually, she was granted the ability to disappear into slumber.

She'd awoken at least once as far as she knew, her heart racing to the point of inflicting pain and her breath almost completely lost.

But somehow she'd ended up calming down before long, and she would fall back to sleep.

The world of consciousness soon came to retrieve her from her reprieve, to bring her back to the pain of consciousness before she could protest.

The gentle shaking of her shoulder, the sounds of a familiar voice attempting to get her to respond with frustration evident.

And then, as the shaking stopped, she consciously heard the one thing that didn't fail to catch her notice.

'If you don't wake up right now Amay, I'm going to stuff you with Caramel.' A bitter redhead commanded with severity, conviction clear in his tone.

A familiar threat, though she didn't dare test him.

So groggily, she opened her eyes to find that she was in a blue-coloured room, though her eyes were merely upon the wall right in front of her face.

'Amay!' Karma's impatient form ground out at her apparent lack of response, bringing her to turn her head to look up at him over her shoulder.

The boy was knelt over the edge of the bed she was on, his brow furrowed as he straightened up slightly. From his appearances, he'd been awake for at least a short while.

He was particularly moody, almost agitated for some reason she couldn't comprehend, and her showing that she was awake now didn't appear to make that any better.

'Get up.' He told her sharply, his mood souring. 'My mother wants to talk to you.'

She blinked momentarily, lifting a hand to rub the sleep out of her eyes.

She had no idea how long it had been since she had last been entirely conscious, only that it had been quite a while ago.

But groggily, she did as she was told.

Her head ached as she dragged herself upright, right at the temples she found with a wince.

It felt like she'd been asleep for more than her healthier set of six hours, much much longer – She was at least familiar enough with this kind of headache to have an educated guess into its cause.