Oceans, Chapter Twenty One - Yokkyū Fuman [欲求不満]

Tuesday had gone by in a much similar fashion to Monday's events; Okuda, after receiving a supervised lesson from Koro-sensei on mixing poisons Monday afternoon came to class in her own meek form of excitement, clutching a spherical vial in her hands. She chattered excitedly with Kayano and Nagisa, and for once didn't seem to shrink away at Amaya's arrival.

The meek girl had promptly handed the supposed poison to Koro-sensei the very moment he'd entered the classroom, to which he downed it immediately.

Needless to say, the so called poison had ended up being ineffective in killing him, and in truth, a tonic to loosen his molecular structure, allowing him to become liquid at will.

It had been turned into some kind of lesson for the meek girl who handed her poisons over so openly, one that had Amaya a little skeptical, though understanding in the way that the yellow creature had turned it around.

To Amaya though, it felt more like he'd turned it around to conveniently cover all bases, however that was probably that cynical part of her that didn't necessarily like adults too much talking, instead of the rational, level headed side of her that she preferred to listen to.

She'd noticed Karasuma standing somewhere outside while this was all going on, a strained look across his face as he spoke on his phone. He seemed to glance over at the classroom every now and then, like he was at odds with a discussion. Amaya had wondered if it was something to do with their assignment of killing Koro-sensei, but decided against thinking on it too long - He'd tell them if it was something to do with the assignment, so anything else was kind of his business, really.

Apart from the rather peculiar day-to-day details and tasks that were becoming rather common now that Amaya wasn't in a scorn-filled classroom, there wasn't really anything worth mentioning.

At least for the most part.

Maehara had approached her Tuesday afternoon at the end of class to invite her to hang with him and Isogai that Saturday around lunch, and a couple of the other girls from class were coming, too. Supposedly it was a kind of study session down at one of the diners nearby where the boys lived. She didn't give a definite answer, since with her lifestyle there was no telling whether she'd suddenly be in the middle of taking out the delinquent trash or not, so she told him to ask her a bit closer to the day.

While Maehara didn't quite get why she had requested that, Isogai immediately smiled in understanding, and said that they'll give her a call Saturday morning to check with her.

While she still didn't grasp what he supposedly knew, she had at least gotten used to it enough where she could just shrug it off until later.

Ever since her little fit of hysterical laughter over Koro-sensei's transforming face, it appeared that many of the students were getting used to her much quicker now - The silver-haired boy in particular had come over to introduce himself as Sugaya Sousuke Tuesday morning, and the boy called Sugino had actually greeted her when Nagisa came over to say hi, as well.

So far, it appeared that Amaya got along better with the boys of Class E than the girls, really. Kayano and Kataoka were the only two girls that had introduced themselves to her, and in fact made a point of acknowledging her with a polite greeting.

Right now, it was Wednesday morning, and Amaya was in the process of pulling her indoor shoes on in the foyer of the Class E campus. She hadn't seen much of Karma since Tuesday afternoon, where he seemed to wander off to talk to Nagisa about something. Of course, that didn't stop the evil boy from annoying her in other means.

In particular, annoying little emails here and there that taunted her over her little laughing fit on Monday.

She was still a little mad about that.