Oceans, Chapter Thirteen - Narasu [鳴らす]

It was during the small window of time between classes that Amaya had been called upon by Karasuma. Nagisa and Karma were talking at the time over near the window she'd been sitting at when the serious man had walked into the room, that ever stern expression across his face as his eyes zeroed in right upon Amaya.

She'd been lead to the Faculty Office, where Karasuma handed her a single green knife made out of a substance very similar to rubber in a case that would attach to a belt, a decent cache of Anti-Sensei BB's, and an air-gun that was quite similar to a real gun by both look and feel. He'd run her through how to load the air-gun, how to fix it if it happened to get jammed, and how to unload the cartridge if need be.

Other than that, there wasn't much else, really.

Karasuma asked her if she had any questions, and when Amaya had said no, he sent her on her way again.

Right now, Amaya was tucking the gun in the belt of her pants beneath her shirt as she walked, much like it was a real gun. She'd have to come up with a better idea later, but right now she just didn't feel like discarding it into her bag. The knife in it's case was tucked beneath her right arm, the large box of 1,000 Anti-Sensei BB's held in Amaya's hands as she investigated its packaging.

It was a simple box in a camo-green, with what she gathered to be a picture of Koro-sensei with a line through it. Other than that, nothing stood out, other than the rattling of many tiny BB's knocking against each other inside.

There was an odd smell about the BB's, like they were made out of chalk.

She did actually stop to wonder if it was just her sense of smell, or if the BB's themselves were made partially out of chalk itself.

She decided that she may as well try to grind one up just to have a proper look at it.

After all, Amaya preferred to have at least a little understanding of what she was going to be carrying around with her for what very well could be the rest of human life.

She was a little confused, though.

She was picking up on a lot of scents around here much easier than she would down in the city streets, so she was a little perplexed. But there wasn't really any point in wracking her brains over it - She'd just pay attention to it and if some explanation came up, she'd think of it then.

Amaya stopped at the first door of the classroom, her left hand grabbing the door-handle, and she began to slide it aside without looking up from the box.

'Ah! Perfect timing, Katsuragi-san!' Echoed Koro-sensei's voice all of a sudden, causing Amaya to snap her gaze up in surprise. 'Come and introduce yourself to the Class!'

Standing at the front of the classroom in front of his desk was Koro-sensei, his attention entirely upon her.

In Amaya's peripheral vision, she could see that the class had returned - some were sitting down at desks, while others were standing with their friends just talking. Well, they had been talking until Amaya had opened the door.

Right now they were silent, their cautious attention upon her much like they were unsure of who the hell she was.

Except for Nagisa and Karma of course - Karma was just lazing at his desk with a smirk across his face, while Nagisa cast her a rather sheepish smile.

'Eh? Do I really have to?' Amaya questioned with exasperation, stepping inside the classroom and sliding the door shut behind her as the silence continued.

'Of course you do!' Koro-sensei responded enthusiastically, waving his tentacles dramatically in sign that he wanted her to stand next to him. 'I want everyone in this class to get along and work together, after all!'