Chapter 15

Stirring lightly in her sleep, she opened her eyes, feeling the first rays of morning light. A wonderful sensation passed over her then, as strong arms wrapped around her. She turned to face him. His amber eyes shone with a certain kind of glow that made her feel like a most treasured woman. 

"Good morning beautiful." 

"Hi," she said a little shyly. Last night's images flitted through her mind, and deep color crept into her face. 

"You're blushing." 

Finn's smile widened at her nervousness. Each time it happened, it would catch him off gaurd--her innonence was truly captivating. Everything about this woman was. From the way she would fidget with her hands when she was anxious, to how she said his name during lovemaking, she was the most lovely and marvelous thing he had ever laid eyes upon. 

Rachel smiled up at him, touching his nose. Maybe it was just her imagination but she could've sworn she heard him talking sometime in the night. Brushing those thoughts aside, she took in his bed-rumpled hair, and amazing naked chest. 

Finn Hudson sure was a sight. The man was perfection at its best, and he was in her bed, with an afterglow that absolutely undid her. 

"Did you sleep well?" 

"With you by my side I always will." 

Rachel's heart did a tiny flip. Why did he always know to say the things that made her feel most loved? The emotion in his eyes, the sincerity with which they glittered made her breath get caught in her throat. It was too real, so pure and just . . . beyond any explanation. She bit her bottom lip uneasily, unsure as to how to talk to this man, who'd turned her world topsy-turvy. 

"Good," she stated, her tone more aloof than she'd expected. What was wrong with her? Last night had been extraordinary, and Finn had shown her heaven, but now with the clarity of the daylight her head was reeling with the enormity of what she was now in. 

Finn either didn't notice or chose not to because he placed a tender kiss on her lips, causing the already mixed up emotions in her to become even more of a whirlwind storm. 

She couldn't help but give into his touch. It was a slow, sexy kiss that made her stretch like a feline, the movement utterly feminine. 

Winding her arms around his neck, Rachel pulled him down further, pressing him against her chest. A feeling unlike any other spread itself through her, so strong that it seemed to tug at her heart. Unaware of the tears streaming down her face, Finn most tenderly kissed them away, tasting their saltiness. 

"Princess what's wrong?" 

Rachel pulled away and looked at him. Waves of pure emotion washed over her, and not having ever experienced anything like it before, the rare reality of it frightened her, bringing more tears. The way he was looking at her, with concern and love simply . . . 

"I-I'm just glad you're here with me," she replied through a small teary voice. 

"Me too." 

He kissed the crown of her head, gently bringing it to rest beneath his chin. Closing his eyes briefly, he inhaled her sweet fragrance, wanting to keep it eternally present. Heaven didn't smell as good as Rachel Berry. 

Rachel moved a bit, snuggling deeper into him. She buried her face in the crook of his neck. Finn felt the tears wet and soft. This sudden burst of emotion left him somewhat surprised. What had happened to make her cry so? Maybe he should back off a little . . . 

He could sense an uptightness in the way she breathed, as if she were afraid. He hugged her closer, stroking her bare back tenderly, hoping she would relax.