Life Isn't Always Sweet

Dustin's POV

"You had to go to the same college as me!" Adam exclaims as he passes the dorm we 'happened' to be sharing. Yeah thanks mom and dad. They just had to make that donation to our school didn't they?

"Oh stop complaining, I was going here first." I state and Adam's face goes red, notifying me he was about to rant.

"You're only going here because of Taylor." He stated and I shrugged.

"Adam can you stop bringing up pointless arguments?" I ask him and he huffs sitting down on the arm chair across form me.

"She was mine first. We were already dating and everything." He points out and again I shrug. Hey I can't help it if she's attracted to me. Hell she's gorgeous, how could anyone not be attracted to her? She has put up quite a fight though. I need to figure out a way to win her over once in for all. My phone vibrated and I picked it up. Oh shit. I got up and walked toward the door. "Where are you going?" Adam asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Who are you my mother?" I asked him and his eyes narrowed.

"No I'm your brother, I'm just wondering. Are you meeting Taylor?" He questioned and honestly I was ready to walk over there and tell him to shut the hell up before I make sure it's difficult to talk. I smirk at the image and roll my eyes.

"Adam get a life, because I happen to have one outside of some girl you are obsessing over." I say and walk out before he can say anything more. Now to go meet up with some guys that won't be thrilled to hear my news...

Taylor's POV

I smiled as the sun hit my face. My eyes fluttered open and I let out a scream and fell to the floor with a groan. I looked up at my bed where Megan was laughing hysterically at me. I frowned and got up, dusting myself off.

"Would you care to explain me why your face was that close to mine this early in the morning?" I questioned and Megan grinned.

"Nope!" She said as she hopped out of the room. I couldn't help but chuckle at how random she was. Must've had coffee today. When Megan already has that much energy...well I don't understand why she needs coffee on top of that. I walk to our kitchen and pour myself a bowl of cereal, taking a bite of Cocoa Puffs. I turn on the TV and watch as Sweet 16 was on. Man this early? Weird. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and I yelled that I'd get it. I got up and opened the door to see Dustin Kales. He was wearing a light grey hoodie and fitted black jeans. I gulped as I met his dark blue eyes.

"Hey Taylor." He said. Now a normal, mature person would have invited him to talk. Yeah I'm not any of that. So I did the only "smart" thing and slammed the door on his face. I turned on my heel and grabbed my cereal. I sat down and began eating. Now if only Dustin Kales would leave me doorstep.. "Taylor we need to talk!" He yelled through the door but I continued to ignore him and watched TV. It goes silent for a while and I figure he must've given up and left. Boy was I wrong. Suddenly the door knob begins turning back and forth and I'm glad that I locked it. Well I was until I heard the click of the lock. My eyes shot to the handle as it turned and the door opened revealing Dustin himself.

"Dustin! You can't just break into someone's house!" I say and he scoffs.

"Taylor baby I just did. Plus you aren't just anybody, you are way more important then that to me." He says, walking in front of me, pushing my chin up so our eyes met. I gulped, feeling my resolve melting as I stared at his dark blue eyes.

"Taylor I was wondering-whoa." Megan began, walking into the room, breaking the trance. I got up and across the room, trying to distance myself from the boy that so could easily claim my heart again. "Um am I interrupting something?" She asked and I shook my head.

"No, Dustin was just leaving." I say and Megan's eyes widened at the name.

"Oh um okay." She said, and awkwardly backed out of the room. Any other time I would have laughed at my room mate but right now I didn't know what to do. Dustin hadn't moved an inch, but instead held my gaze as if it belonged to him. He slowly inched toward me and I was slowly taking steps back. Dustin backed me into the wall and put his arms on either side of my head.

"Taylor, I can't be without you." He whispered and I bit my lip. Can I trust him?

"I can." I say and push him away from me. I see hurt flash across his eyes and I immediately feel guilty for my words. "Dustin can you go?" I ask and I see him slowly retreating out of the corner of my eye. The front door slams shut and I feel tears well in my eyes. I want so much to trust him, but I don't think I can. Megan came over and comforted me. I shook my head, hoping to god I would just forget what just happened, but I don't know if I'll be able to.

After a few hours I composed myself and headed to my first class of the day. I sat down and realized that the familiar brunette sitting in front of me looked extremely familiar. Adam's in this class? the teacher gave each row some papers and they were being passed back. Adam handed me the papers and stiffened when he realized who I was.

"Taylor?" He said and before I could snap at him the teacher did.

"Mr.Kales! No talking!" She yelled and he nodded before giving me a fleeting glance, then turning around. I sighed in content as the class dragged along. I knew Adam was just waiting until the bell so he could finally talk to me. But after my encounter with his brother this morning, I think I just need to be free of the Kales. The teacher dismissed us an hour later, and Adam hung around waiting for me. When I walked out of the classroom he walked next to me. I tried my best to ignore him but it was hard when he kept looking over at me.

"What are you looking at?" I snapped and he looked taken back for a moment.

"Sorry, just surprised to see you. You look so..." he trailed off and shrugged. "You look older." He finishes and I roll my eyes.

"No shit sherlock, it's been like 6 months since you've seen me." I say and can't help the fact that my bitchy side was slipping into my tone. He was seriously pissing me off and all he was doing was making regular conversation. I can't help it if his brother pretty much did the same thing to me earlier. I'm just sick of this you know?

"Yeah, it was a long time." He commented and I rolled my eyes.

"Adam listen, I'm not in the mood to talk right now, I'm just having an awful day so I suggest leaving me alone." I say and pick up speed as I approach my car. As I was about to close my door to my car and start it up, Adam hands me his number.

"Just call me if you need anything alright?" He asks and I take it with a nod. I close the door and drive away. If you're wondering where his number went? It went in the back seat among more of the trash that's piled in my car. Sorry Adam but I'm not ready, and when I will I don't know.

Chapter two! Yay! Apologies if the chapters are short, I'm currently busy with school and softball. IT's tiring. So understand if I can't update all the time like I used to. Thanks guys! Bye :)