Do Unto Others, Pt. 2

''You did this to me,

Now I'm doing this unto you...''

________________________________________________________________________________
"Roy Mustang, it's almost closing time, and yet here you are still organizing things." Riza said standing over the raven haired male who was sitting on the floor organizing a box of magazines, "Sorry...", "Well Hughes already left... Want me to stick around?" Riza asked seeing Roy look up to her with a smile. "No, it's fine, you can leave... Everyone left anyways right? I can close up with Salem, and clean up a bit before I leave." He answered seeing Riza sigh not surprised, "Roy... I'm telling you as a friend... You need to find other ways to keep yourself distracted.", "You mean like date somebody?...". "No... That's not what I meant, Roy..." Riza said quietly tapping Roy's head gently, ''I meant just don't overwork yourself, and separate yourself from people purposely... Try and talk to other people once in a while besides us, you know we can't be here for you all the time...'' She said simply excusing herself with a smile to grab Hayate before she left. "...Try and and talk to other people huh?..." The raven haired male said making a face at what she said when hearing the door close when the blonde left, heaving a sigh getting up deciding to lock up a bit early but jump up when going over to the door and seeing Sheska at the door, causing Roy to put his hand over his heart relieved. "Ms. Sheska... You scared me." He said opening the door with a smile, "Sorry... Were you about to close?" She asked seeing the other wave his hands around, "Nonsense... Come in." Roy said as the quiet shy brunette walked in looking around mesmerized looking at how organized and colorful the small shop was, "You did a nice job with the place.".

"Well when you spend most of your days putting your heart into something, it comes out the way you want it to eventually, haha...", "By the sounds of it, you need to talk to people more." Sheska said looking around till she found a corner with books, not surprised when hearing a familiar meow follow behind her, as she walked over there. "You're the second person to tell me this...", "I'm telling you because I was the same as you... Quiet and always hiding in books, till I met Hohenheim and started working with him." She said looking through the books, "He's quiet but he knows a lot, despite not looking it." She added with a smile before stretching up and grabbing for the book with a jump. "Let me get that for you." Roy said reaching for the book and handing it to the small mousy brunette, who thanked him, with Roy excusing himself nervously when Sheska looked at him for a quiet long moment, "Y-You know there's more books the the second floor." He said with a small laugh as he headed for the door. "You seem like the bookworm type, since you work at a bookstore and all." He said jumping back again when seeing Hohenheim at the door, "Oh sorry... Didn't mean to scare you" The father apologized when Roy opened the door, who just waved his hand around and pointed to Sheska who was playing with the black cat with piece of string she had. "Sheska did the same thing not too long ago... Haha." Roy assured locking the door when the new set of friends he interacted with earlier, were both inside the record shop before walking to a box he didn't finish organizing, but pause in his steps when hearing his cat's meow, warning him about his eyesight, with his vision going foggy in his left eye putting his hand on a nearby box sighing in frustration.

"Roy, are you alright?" Sheska asked concerned when the black cat went over to Roy who was quiet, making Hohenheim glance over seeing Roy turn back to them with a nervous smile and laugh waving his hand around, "I'm fine, today was just a long day, you know? Don't worry about me." Roy said simply with his vision in his eye getting back to normal. "Anyways... What were you looking for?" Roy asked going back to his quirky self, "I'm looking for something for my son." Hohenheim answered glancing around unsure of what his son Edward liked, "But I don't know what he likes..." "Oh? What are they into?" Roy asked as Sheska found herself a few books, movies, and music. "Punk...? At least that's what my other two sons tell me what it's called, I don't know... I don't really understand their style... It's embarrassing I don't know my own kids..." Hohenheim said embarrassed surprising Roy the older male had kids, "I see..." Roy said staying quiet but quickly got an idea, "Hold on, I may have something...". Hohenheim watched as the raven haired male quickly made his way up to to the second floor of the small shop, and made his way back down with a pile of cds in his hands, glancing down to the pile in front of him, "The Birthday Massacre?", "Yeah, they're not exactly punk, but... they are different. Each album is different than the last." Roy said with a smile. "If you don't want that, I can just-", "I'll take it." Hohenheim said taking the pile of cds of Roy who looked surprised, "If you're recommending them, then they must be good." He said making Roy get flustered and smile, "Well since you two found everything you were looking for, I guess I can ring you two up now." Roy said happily.

"How long have you been here already?" Sheska asked as Roy was ringing up their things, "A week now. Things have been pretty busy and well until today, haha... Young kids really seem to have a bad attitude, don't they?..." He asked with a nervous laugh, making Hohenheim scrunch his face at what he said, thinking of what Envy said earlier, but brushed it off. "I know what you're talking about all too well, unfortunately... Raising three troublesome boys on my own... Especially my middle son- Anyways, excuse my rambling." Hohenheim said apologetically seeing Roy smile at him, "I think it's good that you talk about your kids, there's no shame in that." He said back putting the things in separate bags before pausing. "Oh, that's right... Let me give you two that discount before I do anything else." Roy quickly said seeing Hohenheim looking at him silently, "Y-Yes?", "I know this sounds odd... But I'll tell you the same thing I told Sheska when I first met her... If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here." He said simply seeing the raven haired male smile, "I see... Thank you...". ''Thank you.'', '' Of course, you two have a good one.'' He said to Hohenheim and Sheska who left with their things, closing and locking the door in front of him heaving a heavy tired sigh hearing his cat meow, ''Salem... I don't know what I'd do without you... Can't even work without almost killing myself on something... And Hughes and Riza aren't always around to help me out...''. ''So much for trying to live a normal life... And still bumping into that kid earlier... I really hope he knows I didn't mean that... But... By the looks of it he's not the understanding type... Anyways let's finish up and get going, I'm sure you're tired, Salem.'' The raven haired male said smiling at the meowing black kitten, before staying quiet for a long moment.

''Hey Salem, I know you don't understand me but... I want a friend... I want a friend to talk to... Even someone that could keep me company, I guess you could say maybe I want a relationship... But I think no one would be interested in a old man like me... especially one that could lose half their sight soon... I'd be deadweight to them..." Roy said quietly hurt but laugh when his cat meowed as if he understood him. "Hey, you can't hide in your room all day." Alphonse said at their quiet house sighing at how stubborn his older brother was, hearing the door open to see their dad walk in tired with a bag but smile at him regardless, "I'm home.", "Dad, I was getting worried.", "Sorry, I went to go check out that record shop..." He said before seeing Edward was missing not surprising him, "Envy in his room too?" He asked seeing his youngest nod with a sigh. "You can pick a movie and take out tonight, I'll bring them down." He said heading up the stairs making Alphonse sigh at how caring their father was for them despite his exhaustion, "Boys, come downstairs we're going to have movie night and take out." He called out knocking on Envy's door then heading to Edward's door knocking but not hearing a response, "Edward, I'm coming in." He called out. The tired father opened the door to see Edward in his pjs sitting on his bead unbraiding his half colored hair, glancing up to him before glancing down ashamed at earlier, "Dad I-", "This is for you. I know I'm just an old fashioned old geezer to you, but I try my best to understand you boys..." The father said tiredly before smiling again putting the bag on top of the cabinet. "Come down, were all going to watch a movie and eat some take out, I want to spend time with my sons." Hohenheim said simply before leaving making Edward look at the bag and feel worse, seeing Envy at his door looking at him arms crossed with a raised brow, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto yourself!", "Shut up I know!" Edward screamed making Hohenheim sigh at how energetic his kids were.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
An updateeeeee :')