Eat Those Words

"You will eat those words."
_______________________________________________________________________________
"How????... How did you damage your automail like this???" Winry said to the scowling blond male who sat at the couch the next morning, "It wasn't my fault!" Edward said in his defense seeing his mechanic and long time friend roll her blue eyes at the familiar statement he said often, "Oh? Then whose fault is it???" Winry asked seeing Edward scowl. "It's that damn guy's friend fault from that record shop! The guy with the snake bites-", "Oh no, you're not pinning the blame on that sweet man! If you broke it, just admit it! Don't blame it on someone you don't like, Ed!" Winry said making Edward make a sound in annoyance but give up, "Whatever, I broke it, okay?'' Edward said tiredly. ''Can you just please fix it? I'll give you extra for the trouble." He said seeing Winry look at him with a scrunched face, "It's not about the money, Ed... I just work so hard on your automail, for you to break it so quickly?" She said tiredly to Alphonse who was in the kitchen, wanting to go to his brother's defense, but didn't want to get Winry grumpier.

"Geez, you'd think she would worry more about the human part, than the machine... " Envy's voice said tiredly making Winry look up to see the half brother dressed up for work going down the stairs with a yawn, "What do you mean?" Winry asked a bit offended at the statement, seeing Envy's snake like purple eyes look over to her with an excited expression. "The pipsqueak hasn't told you, huh? Well it's not my place to say anything... I'll be late tonight, so don't wait up for me, tell Hohenheim too, so he doesn't have a heart attack.", "Late... Why?" Alphonse and Edward said in unison, making Envy pause inches from the front door turning to the group with a teasing smile licking his lips. "Wouldn't you like to know?~" Envy said simply looking to Edward with a grin, "But if you insist, I'll be getting some dick... You should try getting some sometime too, it'll take the stick out your ass~" He said simply as he left, getting the blond red in the face at what he said, "FUCK OFF!" Edward shouted making Alphonse come out of the kitchen flustered.

''Shut up brother... It's so early to be yelling...'' Alphonse said tiredly getting Edward embarrassed as he stayed quiet with Winry looking at him, "Ed... What's Envy talking about?..." The childhood friend asked disregarding their half brother's honesty, seeing the blond look away from her, quickly grabbing his face and looking him in his golden eyes with a serious expression, "Ed.". "...I twisted my ankle..." Edward finally said quietly with Winry changing her entire mood to a soft one, "Ed, you should of told me that, I wouldn't have gotten so mad over the automail... I would of worried about you more, you know..." The friend said feeling bad putting her tools down checking on the injured ankle, lifting up his sleeping pants a bit to see the wrapped up ankle making a face worried. "How bad does it hurt?" She asked carefully grabbing her friend's ankle making Edward react and wince, "You need a massage to help the swelling go down... But I'm not really good at them, and neither is Alphonse..." Winry said letting go gesturing Alphonse to get an ice pack for Edward, "I'll just replace your automail with the new ones I made, and we can just call it a day... Okay?".

"How's it going with spitfire?'' Hughes asked his best friend who sighed rolling his eyes, ''Edward... His name is Edward, Hughes...''Roy answered turning to his friend who looked at him with a teasing look, ''You're off today, why not go check in on him. Instead of being here?~'' He said seeing the shy raven haired male make a face flustered, ''I...'', ''Just go, you know Hawkeye and I have the place under control.'' The friend assured. ''I'm going to do that... I just need to grab something before I go... That's why I came by.'' Roy said, "Oh, that's right Hawkeye mentioned something about you holding something to buy... Little Shop of Horrors... Didn't take you as the musical type, Roy." Hughes said seeing his friend shake his head, "No, No... It's not for me... Edward wanted it but he left before he could buy it..." Roy said seeing his friend look at him surprised, "Oh... I see.". "Geez, what family..." Edward said to sometime later, since his brother and Winry left to get Pinako to massage his ankle after fixing his automail, with the small blond getting frustrated sitting around getting up and on his feet making a face at the pain he felt from his ankle, perking up when hearing a knock on the door, "Hm?... Are they back so quick?" Edward asked going to the door with a limp, getting irritated at the continuous knocking.

"I fucking heard you the first time!-" The blond said angrily opening the door carelessly to see the record shop owner at his door with an apologetic smile, "Excuse me, I didn't mean to bother you-!" Roy apologized only to see Edward panic and shut the door in front cutting him off making him blink in confusion, "...Should have I not come?..." Roy asked himself nervously hearing Edward cursing loudly, with the door opening again this time completely. "You... What the hell are you doing here?" Edward said glaring at the raven haired male who looked over him, "He's covered up, and he's wearing a glove on his right hand now... He's hiding something." Roy thought before smiling again, "Thought I'd come by to check on you... You shouldn't even be answering the door in your condition, you seem to be home alone unfortunately... Is it alright if I come in? I can help you out in the meantime.". "Do you want anything Edward?" The raven haired male asked when the small blond limped back to the couch after letting him in, "How the fuck did you know where I lived?" Roy heard Edward asked making him turn to him casually, "My idiotic friend went to your father, and he gave him your address and number to give to me to check in on you.", "I'm going to kill the old man." Edward said angrily nervous about Roy being there.

"Your father is just worried about you... There's no need to be angry at him." Roy said going over to the couch where the blond was, seeing him move away with an angry but flustered expression, noticing his braided messy half dyed hair now loose, wearing a large zipped up red sweater, and black sweats with small slippers, "He's cute when he's not overdressed." Roy thought seeing the blond make a face in pain, looking away from him. "I know your ankle hurts... I can massage it for you, if you like." The raven haired male offered seeing the blond scowl, seeing his ears get red staying quiet, "Are you still sulking about the other day?... Hawkeye wanted to thank you, but you left before she had the chance to... You really have a good eye, thank you.", "I didn't do shit..." Edward said making Roy laugh to himself knowing the small male was embarrassed about doing something good. "I brought you something, as a thank you." Roy said pushing a black bag towards the blond who perked up but still looked at him with a scowl, but took his attention to the bag opening it to see the movie he was looking at before he left, along with a few snacks glancing back to Roy who was on his phone messaging someone, "Aren't you supposed to be working?", "I'm actually off today and tomorrow... But I can leave if I'm a bother-".

"Just shut the fuck up and stay.'' Edward said making Roy blink with a questionable expression, ''Spitfire, fits Edward just right... Hughes is always spot on with nicknames... What a terrible attitude and personality..." Roy thought frowning glancing over to look at the blond who was flustered getting shyer, "At least that's what he wants people to think... I want to touch his hair..." The older male thought. "Look, about what I said the other day, I-?!" Edward started quietly feeling a gentle grab on his hair, ''Wow, your hair is really soft!'' Roy said surprised looking to the small blond who looked at him surprised but quickly react flustered, ''Hey! Don't touch people as you please!'', ''You know... You're cute, you remind me of a cat.'' The raven haired male said making Edward get more red in the face at what Roy said, ''W-What?...''. The sound of the door opening made Roy perk up, surprising Winry and Alphonse who came with Pinako, ''Oh, it's the guy from the record shop.'' Both said in unison making Roy smile at them, ''Excuse my intrusion, I just came by to check on Edward.'' He said turning back to Edward again, ''By the way, I know an amputee when I see one, so you can just drop the act and just be yourself.'' Roy said simply with a serious expression surprising Edward and group, ''He's interesting.'' Pinako said simply.