Problematic

''I'm problematic, baby.''
________________________________________________________________________________

"Where's the pipsqueak at?" A voice said making Hohenheim look up to see Envy looking at him grumpily, "In the back-" He said with the palm haired male going off to the back, "Hey, pipsqueak what the fuck-!" Envy started but stop when seeing the raven haired male from the record shop, icing Edward's ankle seeing sleeping cat next to the blond. Edward winced when the ice touched his ankle, pulling his foot away making Roy frown and scold the stubborn blond, taking Envy by complete surprise at the raven haired male who kept his grumpy half brother company, "Oh? It's you again." Roy said keeping the ice pack on his ankle by force, looking up to see the palm haired male look at with a raised brow. ''...And it's you, this is a surprise not going to lie.'' Envy said noticing the blond keep his right hand away from sight, ''Well you see... My cat came by scared Edward and dropped from the ladder and made him twist his ankle...'' Roy said with a nervous smile, ''...Well at least that should keep you out of trouble for a while.'' Envy said with a satisfied sigh.

''I was getting tired of babysitting your ass.'', ''Fuck you! This really hurts you know!'' Edward said making the half brother stick his pierced tongue out shrugging his shoulders, ''You two fight so much, jeez...'' Hohenheim cut in making a face tiredly at his two sons, ''Envy, just take Edward home without fighting, can you do that?'' He asked. ''Sure, whatever.'' The palm haired male said going over to help up the blond and grab the ice pack from Roy and walk Edward to the door, hearing Edward argue again with Envy when they left making the father sigh heavily, as Roy got up grabbing the cat in his arms with an apologetic expression, ''Listen, Hohenheim... I'm really sorry for all this trouble.''. "It's fine, please don't think too much of it." The father assured with a smile, "So Edward is your son...", "Yup, my hot headed middle child... I'm sorry on his behalf, with the way he treated you the other day.", "No, no... It's okay really." Roy said smiling, "You're raising three kids all on your own huh? Must be hard, especially with that one." He asked with a laugh.

"For the most part yes, you probably saw my youngest son and oldest son the other day Edward gave you attitude... They were with a strong young girl with blue eyes.", "Oh?..." Roy recalled seeing Winry, Alphonse and Envy but tilt his head confused when piecing together that the palm haired male from moments ago was his son too, making Hohenheim laugh. "You made the same face everyone else does... Envy is from another relationship before I got married. He's twenty seven, Edward is twenty one and Alphonse my youngest is twenty.", "Oh? So a half brother, must be rough, those two argue a lot with each other." Roy commented surprising Hohenheim at how talkative the quiet raven haired male was smiling again. "They get along I promise... Envy is just the one that always puts Edward in his place, or just keeps an eye on him for me for the most part. Since he thinks I'm useless at discipline.", "Sounds rough." Roy said quietly seeing the father wave his hand around, "Don't feel bad... Oh by the way, thank you for keeping my son company I owe you.", "You really don't... But do keep me updated on him?" Roy said seeing Hohenheim nod, "Sure.".

"Where have you been? It's been almost two hours." Riza and Hughes said when the raven haired male got back with the black cat, placing them on the counter to keep Elicia company, "Got into some problems..." Roy said with a nervous smile getting Hughes and Riza more curious at his sudden statement, "Problems?... What did your cat do now?" Riza asked with a sigh. "Remember that kid that gave me attitude?... Turns out he's the son from the owner of the book place next door..." He started surprising both friends, "Okay, surprising... But how does that bring you into problems? Aside from being unable to avoid him now..." Hughes asked, "...Salem scared the kid and made him fall off the ladder, making him twist his ankle..." He said quietly. "Jesus Roy... Out of everything you've gotten yourself into, this one really takes the cake!... Seriously how are you going to fix this, when you wanted nothing to do with him?", ''Might as well try to be friends with him or something..." Roy said with a smile, "Hah?... Tell me you're joking?..." Hughes asked seeing his friend shrug, "I don't see what the problem is here, Maes." Roy said with a tired expression.

"Problem is, he gets you anxious." Hughes said making Riza roll her brown eyes with a sigh, glancing to the young girl with a smile, "Elicia, lets walk around and check the things, we can bring Hayate." She said seeing Elicia nod in joy taking the girl and dog letting the two friends bicker it out, "Didn't you tell me to make friends for once in my life?" Roy said leaving Hughes quietly the statement. "Yes, I did. But not with someone like him, find someone else.", "No." Roy said with a serious expression making Hughes pinch the bridge of his nose and sigh, "Fine, do what you like Roy, but don't complain to me when you start having problems." He said with a worried expression, seeing his friend scrunch his face disappointed, looking down making Hughes regret his choice of words to his long time friend. "...I know he didn't give me a good first impression, but neither did I when I met you... Edward is a cute kid, he just needs someone to talk to, and he'll change... You're too hard on him, Maes." Roy said simply walking off to look for the Elicia, and continue his work making the father feel terrible at making his friend feel bad for actually wanting to make a friend on his own, sighing but tilt his head confused, ''Wait... Did he call Edward cute?...''.

Hohenheim who was finishing up cleaning up the mess in the back room, heard the door open, "I'll be right with you." He said getting up walking to see Hughes standing in front of the counter, turning to him, "May I help you?", "Yeah I need you to write down your address, and give it to me." Hughes said seeing the older male look at him questionably, "It's for my baby faced friend." Hughes added. "...Oh! You must be talking about Roy." Hohenheim said, getting behind the counter to grab a piece of paper and a pen, "Is this about my son?" He asked seeing Hughes nod, "Yeah, you see Roy wanted to check on Edward sometime, since he feels guilty for the trouble he caused your son." Hughes lied with a smile, seeing the older father look up at him with a smile and nod, "I see, here you go." Hohenheim said giving Hughes the paper, "Thank you.". "Wonder where Envy went?" Alphonse asked out loud on the couch, hearing the door open, seeing Envy walk in with Edward carefully who was hopping, "What happened?!" He asked with Envy carefully setting down Edward on the couch with a huff, "The pipsqueak twisted his ankle... Call Winry, he messed up his automail too." He said making Alphonse sigh and look to Edward, "Winry is going to be mad you know...", "I don't care.".

''Here.'' Hughes voice said making Roy look up from his work, looking up to his friend holding a piece of paper towards him, ''What's this?...'', ''Just take it. Just because I love you and support you, I'm giving you a hand here, Roy.'' Hughes said simply leaving when the raven haired male took the piece of paper tilting his head confused. ''What?...'' He said glancing down to the piece of paper, seeing Edward's number and address to their place making him do a double take, ''No fucking way, Hughes!'' Roy screamed not surprising the father who smiled to his daughter who looked at him, ''Uncle Mustang sounds mad... Daddy, what did you do?'', ''Nothing, I'm calling mommy, so she can pick you up, okay?~'' Hughes said hugging his daughter happily. ''What am I supposed to do with this?!'' Roy questioned, ''Call him clearly, and visit him to check in on him obviously.'' Riza's voice said making Roy jump up and turn looking up to Riza, ''No way! I couldn't!'',  ''Listen Roy, you want to be friends with Edward, right? Might as well start with this, and see where it goes from there.'' Riza said simply leaving, ''What do you mean by that?...'' Roy questioned flustered.