chapter 4

The next morning I wake up and the first thing I think would was last night

The next morning I wake up and the first thing I think would was last night. I don't know why but I find Sweet Pea so attractive. I roll over to get my phone but I accidentally roll out of bed and I hit my head and groan. Jughead ran in because I didn't fall lightly. "What happened to you?" He asks looking at me like I'm crying and I look up at him and I look like a complete mess. "I fell out of bed now help me up." I say holding my hands up and he laughs alittle and pulls me up and I laugh and I fix my hair when I stand up.
"You're such a klutz." Jughead says laughing shaking his head. I lightly punch him and make a funny face at him. He starts to walk out. "Jughead?" I ask and he turns around and looks at me. "Can I meet your friends one day?" "I mean if you want. We can go to Pops tonight with them." He suggests and I smile and nod. I just want to be apart of Jugheads life more. He is a big part of mine. I just want to know more than I already know about him.
We both get ready for our separate schools and before we leave he speaks. "Maybe I can say this is my address and I can go to Southside with you." He says smiling and I nod. "That would be great!" He smiles and nods. For now though we go our separate ways. As I walk to school I hear that car. I turn around and see my ex, a Ghoulie. No one knows I went for him even Jughead.  Gianna is the only person that knew. I thought he was different. Talking about him is embarrassing.
I get freaked out and I start walking quicker and I hear his car pull up next to me. "Hey Babe, want a ride?" He says winking at me and I just keep walking and he follows me. "You should ride with me to school." He keeps suggesting. "I saw you in Ghoulie turf last night with that Serpent." He says and I just give him a look and keep walking.
"Fucking talk to me!" He screams and I just started to run. As I ran I heard in speed up. I ended up running into Fangs. "Victoria? What's wrong." I'm already in tears and freaking out and he sees the car and just puts his arm around me and walks me to school. As I get there Gianna and Toni sees me. Gianna knew what happened with the Ghoulie, just because if it wasn't for her things probably would've been 100x worse. She runs up to me and grabs my face and wiped my tears. "Was it him?" She says and I just nod fast not being able to talk. She hugs me quick and I just cry into her shoulder. Toni and Fangs hug me too and then I hear the voice I've been wanting to hear all morning. "Victoria?" Sweet Pea says running up to me and Gianna lets go and he sees how panicked I looked. "I-I'm okay.." I say with that being the only word I can get out. And he just looks concerned and looks at the three teens for answers. Gianna shrugs because she doesn't spread shit that doesnt have to do with her. Toni didn't know anything. "Some car was following her this morning." Fangs says and I nod. He gets pissed probably thinking it was what he thought it was. "Does this Ghoulie have a name?" He whispers to me. I nod. "Maxx" I say quietly and he nods and looks down then back at my eyes. "I'm walking you to school for now okay?" He says and I nod. "Don't leave alone." He says and then he puts his arm around me and walks into school. I see some Ghoulies give me dirty looks and I just try not to pay attention. I look up and Sweet Pea is smiling at me. "Let me take your bag." He offers.
"You don't have to I can carry it." I say with a slight smiling. "Please? I can carry it it's not a problem." He says persistent and I nod and hand it to him and he gets happy and holds my bag for me. I smile at how he's treating me. A guy hasn't been this nice to me before, besides Jughead. He doesn't count though. I smiled while we walked down the hallway together but he looked like he was thinking. I didn't say anything but he walked me to my class and gave me my bag and I smiled and walked in and sat next to Gianna.
"Why is Maxx fucking with you again?" Gianna asks with wide eyes and I shrug. "Can I sleep over with you Vicky?" Gianna asks. That's her nickname for me. No one else calls me Vicky just her. "Jugs staying with me too but the more the merrier." I say with a smile and she smiles too. "Are you strict about smoking in your house?" She asks and I shake my head and she smiles. "Perfect!" I smile too. "You should hang with the serpents more." She states. "Why?" I ask looking at her confused. "They can help you, you know with protection and shit. Maxx probably got the Ghoulies to hate you so I'd watch out." I sigh and look down. "Could you maybe get him off me?" I say kinda hopeful and she shakes her head. "Maxx has more connections than I ever will." She says looking at me sad. She side hugs me and I hug back. I smile. "I just want this to stop Gi." I say looking at my books and she nods. "Sooner or later it will stop." She says with a hopefully smiling and I smile too.
Time went by during school, not being able to focus. I also didn't see Sweat Pea or Fangs anywhere. Gianna, Toni and I were sitting together when I see him. That boy. Maxx. He walks in. I see him look beat up. He looked like shit honestly. I see him give me a look and he uses his hands as a gun and acts like he shoots it at me. I get wide eyes and look down. "Victoria!" Gianna says waving a hand in front of my face. "You didn't answer me!" She says looking at me with a annoyed look. "R-right sorry.. what was the question?" She rolls her eyes and looks behind herself and sees Maxx staring at us. She stands up and flips off both middle fingers and he rolls his eyes and looks away. The three of us laugh. "We should all go to the White Wyrm tonight." Toni suggests and Gianna and I nod. "Sounds like a plan." I say smiling. We all high five eachother. I walk to my last class when I feel a tug on my arm. "Maxx, um what do you want?" I say trying to get out of his grip. He gets in my face. "Keep your serpent friends out of our issues. Because that bean stalk kid and the shorter chubbier one did this to my face." He says pointing at the bruises. "I-I didn't tell them too." I say being honest. I didn't want any issues. He gets more in my face. "Just know, if one more serpent fucks with me. You're over." He says pushing me against a locker walking away and I just stood there stunned. His words kept ringing through my brain. You're over.
You're over.
"You okay?!" Gianna says with a concerned face and I look up and nod. "Is that Jingle-Jangle freak still messing with you?" She says and I shake my head. I knew she'd get the serpents. I can't have anyone know my secret. Gianna doesn't even know it. Everyone will hate me, especially Sweet pea. "I'm just gonna walk home. Meet at your trailer to get ready?" I ask and she smiles softly. "Want me to walk you home?" She asks and I shake my head and she nods. She sticks her hand out and we lock pinkies and kiss our thumbs. It's like a goodbye thing we do.
I smile and walk out. Still no sign of Sweet Pea. I sigh and walk home. As I get closer to my house I hear someone speed bye and this powder gets thrown on me and I see it was Maxx and his friends screaming. I get pissed and I run home and automatically go in the shower. "Fucking assholes." I think in my head. I get out and brush my long black hair still wrapped in a towel. I hear someone bang on my front door and I look to see who it is through the peep hole. Sweet Pea. A smile forms on my lips and I open the door a crack. "Can I come in?" He asks looking alittle beat up. I nod almost opening the door but then I remembered I was in the towel. I quickly slammed the door and it hit him in the face. "Ow! You didn't have to let me in if you really didn't want to." He says holding his nose. My eyes widen. "Um j-just walk in in 5 seconds okay?" I say and he nods looking confused. I shut the door and grab my clothes and run in my room and shut the door and right when I run in my room I hear him open the door. I breathed out in relief. "Where are you?" I hear him ask. "My room I'll be out in a minute." I say getting dressed really fast and opening the door. He was just waiting at it and I let him in and smiled and shut the door. I look at his face. "What happened?"
I ask softly lightly tracing his forming bruises. "That kid, that fucks with you. Me and Fangs got him good." He says proud of his victory. I smiled and looked down. "P-please just don't both him again." I say playing with my wet hair. He looks confused. "What? Why? I saw how he gets you he needs to get what's coming." Sweet Pea tried to convince and I shake my head. "Just leave him alone.." I say looking everywhere else but at him. He moved my head softly looking him. "Did he hurt you?" I shook my head. "He just said to tell you guys to back off or bad things will happen. J-Just let him be."I say trying to convince him and he just nods but I know he won't listen, I just hope he does.
For a little while longer we just chilled and then it came the time to meet up with Gianna and Toni. He walked me to Gianna's and we said our goodbyes. He said he'd be at the White Wyrm to keep a "eye on me." Which I didn't mind.
I just hope I don't see Maxx tonight.

So this is definitely the longest chapter I've written in the history of my writing okay. I'm so tired from cheer I feel dead lmao. I hope you all had a good day and enjoy!