A Thousand Years

[[A/N] As I know that I am not that good in updating, but I am trying to.

Don't forget to vote and do tell me how you like it. Enjoy!!]

The night was to go like that; because he did not wanted to disturb it. Neither for her and nor for him. Right now he did not wanted the kids to wake up and in fact do anything to destroy the day more than it even was. Sighing he laid down beside the kids; thinking and imagining everything all over again. Drifting back to the day he saw her in Bareilly for the first time saving her shop with eyes blazing like fire that would erupt from them to seeing her with that monster to marrying her to coming getting chulbul to bringing her back as his wife then stopping her from leaving.... everything just was as if flashing in his mind as a movie does on a television set; the only difference being that the movie is reel and this was his real life.

Gauri, on the other hand, was frustrated to an extreme extent. What does he wants now? Why was he even here? Can’t he let her live alone that he needs all the excuses to just make it look like the kids wanted to come? Hell she knew everything that might have been in his mind. He; the man who destroyed her; the man she loves deeply; even after everything; every pain and every ruthless thing that was inflicted upon her; was here again; not even letting her live her maybe last days of life in peace. He was here again to destroy the single digit amount of sanity that she had in her. To say that she was going crazy would be the right thing as because from the morning; since she noticed their positions; she had been bad on herself for letting her guards down the last night. Though still in sleep; he knows her weakness; and that was him...

Morning did not come soon this time. It was after a long; tiring, non sleeping night that it did came. The first thing in the morning Omkara did was to call the driver and send the kids to get ready for the school so that he gets some time with Gauri to maybe talk it out after all these years. He was ready to make her hear him and hear her after everything that happened. Not for explanations; but just for the sake of hearing each other... just for hearing each other.

After the kids were gone; he approached her in the kitchen doing some stuff and basically avoiding him since the morning. He sighed and started “Gauri” he called her but no answer “Gauri... I wanted to talk about u...us”. “There is no us” she spats with her eyes emotionless. “There is no us Mr Omkara Singh Oberoi. Can’t that simple four word sentence enter your mind; I said there was no need to be with me. I said to stay away from me didn’t I?” she said.

“I know you did but..” she cuts “but.... but what? What do you actually want to show me? That this woman can’t survive without Omkara Singh Oberoi’ that she needs him for the rest of her life. You know what? All you think is wrong. I do not need you at all. I did not need you and that was foolish of me to think you would be there when I did. But now; no I don’t need you at all. I am enough for me all alone. I have been all my life”. “Look I did not mean that...” she just puts her palm in front of him “no you listen and listen carefully; you are not needed here. It will be better if you leave already because I do not want my last amount of sanity to just flow away right now. Go out” he didn’t budge. “Please” she said on the verge of chocking and he knew that voice. He had to take an exit... otherwise the next thing would be her broken self in front of him and she won’t let him help her anyway.

He started his car; frustrated on his own self for what? He wasn’t himself aware of.

She on the other hand, broke down into her own pool of tears the came out of her orbs bringing with them every word that she said to him. “You are not needed” was not what it was meant to be.

"What the hell Jhanvi? How is this even possible? I was out just for a few weeks and here when I come home; what I see is the documents to sign Omkara’s shares in the name of that village girl?” Tej was angry; not only because he had gone through many failure in the deals that he made but also that now he had to sign Omkara’s shares to Gauri which were his hard earned; according to him and that too without even his permission or consent.  He did not wanted to know the reasons; mainly because he was not ready to accept the defeat from Gauri.