eighteen

katya: trixie

tracy: yea babe

katya: i'm at the store what do you want

tracy: uhhh can you get some diet coke and chips please bae <3

katya: oooh i'm ur bae now am i ;) and yeah that's fine

tracy: shut up dyke
           and don't forget to get your meds!!!

katya: already picked them up x

katya pov

i locked my iphone and put it in my pocket, wandering towards the snack aisle. i passed a mirror and stopped for a second to look in it. i fixed my high ponytail and pulled my oversized shirt down a bit lower. i was wearing shorts, but for some reason old men LOVED to assume i was walking around walmart with my pussy out. picking up a litre bottle of coke and a bag of chips, i walked towards the tills.
'katya!' i heard a familiar voice yell.
'aquaria, hi! since when do you work at walmart?' i put my food on the conveyor belt and fiddled in my pocket for change.
'ever since my mom started making me pay rent. like, i'm sixteen not twentythree, we your daughter i should be allowed to stay in your house for free right?' she ranted, picking at her long acrylic nail.
'yeah totally.' i inwardly rolled my eyes at her juvenile struggles, but i knew that it was a big thing to her and, as her friend, should respect that.
'are you okay, katya?' aquaria looked worried. she's known me all my life and helped me after...stuff happened, so i can tell i'm acting off.
'yeah i'm fine! just tired.' i faked a smile.
'are you completely sure? because you're acting like you did after-'
'i'm fine.' i interrupted her, a bit aggressively. aquaria looked shocked.
'i'm sorry, i know you're just worried.' i said more gently, handing my money over and picking up the bag.
'you can always text or call me, or come over. i'm not saying that in that bullshit condescending way either, i mean seriously. you're one of my best friends, and i don't want you hurting inside.' aquaria muttered, concern flashing in her eyes.
'yeah i know babe. i gotta go because trixie will be worrying, love you.'
i walked out of the quiet store, a few tears cascading down my face. i wasn't sad, more stressed out about everything happening. i knew i'd have to talk to trixie about it, but i was scared.