four

trixies pov

i rushed to my mirror, applying a fresh coat of pink lipstick and dragging a brush through my wavy blonde hair. i didn't know why i was so nervous, it's only facetime but something about this felt different. like, katyas so hot, and i really wanted her to like me. i knew i liked girls, so maybe i was developing a bit of a crush on her? i don't know.

i was lost in thought when my phone rang, startling me with the loud electronic music. 'katya would like to facetime'. FUCK. my finger hovered over the green 'answer' button, my heart beating a thousand miles a minute. i finally picked up the courage to answer, and a pixelated vision of katya blowing smoke out of her mouth filled the screen.
'trixie! hi.' she beamed, taking a drag.
'hey katya, i didn't know you smoked?' what a stupid thing to say. of course i knew, you can smell tobacco on her as soon as she walks into a room.
'yeah, i'm trying to cut down but it's so goddamn glamorous, you know?' she laughed. i didn't 'know', but i smiled anyway.
'so what are you doing?' she asked me.
'oh you know, just homework.' i shrugged.
'you work so much, mattel. what do you do in your free time?'
'i don't really have anything to do in my free time. i usually just watch netflix or something.'
'no i mean, what do you do with your friends?'
oh fuck. the question made my stomach sink and my eyes drop to the ground.
'i guess i don't really have any friends. i mean, i don't have time, gotta keep my grades up and all that.' i said, faking a laugh.
'that's not true! you have at least one friend.'
'and who would that be?'
'me, obviously.'
katya considered me her friend. i'm katya zamolodchikovas friend. my heart bloomed hearing those works, and i managed a small smile.
'yeah of course but like, you wouldn't want to hang out at school or anything.' i shrugged.
'no way, i totally would! i'll hang out with you tomorrow for sure, we have biology before lunch right?'
'yeah.'
'okay cool.' she smiled. 'i have to go now before my mom kicks my ass for being on the phone at two in the morning, but i'll see you in biology.'
'yeah totally, goodnight.' i grinned.
'night, trixie.' she ended the call.

i flopped down onto my bed, clutching my phone against my chest and smiling from ear to ear. i feel it vibrate.

katya: you're so fucking cute