Chapter: 6

~Earlier Elsewhere~

Unknown P. O. V.

I looked through my most current map for said "uncharted territory" to the south of our border, I don't believe that there can just be a random piece of land that I could've missed..... But there's nothing marked in the map stating that is rogue territory or the lands of another pack. That's weird. Pulling out some more maps and books I look for something that could make sense of this.

My eye catches an older and slightly burnt map of to the side that had fell to the floor. I pick it up and find what I'm looking for. There was a pack located near the southern boarder five years ago, my father had massacred the pack and had not claimed the land for our pack. Old fool, why destroy something and not claim what's yours. What a waist of time.... The door to my office abruptly slammed open. In came running one of my warriors at a high speed until they were at my desk.

"Alpha we have something to report" A warrior said in a quick breath.

"What is it?" I say absentmindedly while I examined the weathered map one last time before heading over to my desk and sitting in my comfy leather chair.

"There's has been people spotted on the uncharted territory, possibly a rouge faction. " Another warrior said as she looks away from my hardening gaze. Dammed rogue factions. The rogue factions keep popping up but no one knows why. There must be a reason that they're beginning to group because feral wolves do not willingly just live together in harmony.

"What would you like us to do sir" I look away and say "Disarm them and claim the territory as ours"

"What about the...?"

"Did I ask you to question me, now do what your told before you're sleeping in the dungeons tonight" they scurried out of my office leaving me to my thoughts. 'I wish I could just catch a break' I thought with a sign turning towards a pile of paper work.

"Let's get this over with" I said with a grunt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current time ---------------------------------------------------------

"Come in" My Beta and bestfriend walks in and plops down on the couch in the middle of my spacious office. "I heard there's gonna be a sick party tonight in the field near the western boarder. You should go." Stephen has been my bestfriend since... the incident. He's like a brother to me and has never betrayed me or treated me differently because of my title.

I shake my head "I have more important stuff to do" He gives me an unimpressed look and says "Like what exactly" I run a hand down my face dramatically.  I should've known he wasn't going to go down without a fight. "I have to... get with the elders and discuss expanding the territory. Pack numbers are growing and soon we're going to run out of space." I say while shuffling papers around on my desk. 'It's not a total lie..... Now that I'm thinking about it I do have to speak to the elders anyways.' I make a note to check in with the elders later.

"Mhmmmm. Sure." He replied giving me a dry look. "But the next time you are going with me. You need to get out of this office and relax for once." he continued.

"Alright" I agreed begrudgingly. His dark brown eyes shined happily as he jumped off the couch and hoped over to my desk. "You're not gonna regret this I swear" Chuckling at his childish behavior I stood out of my chair.

"I'm going on a run so keep a ear out for the warriors coming back and mind link me if anything happens" I said with authority. "Yes Alpha" he replied nodding his head. I followed him to the door and locked it on my way out. I head down the hall towards the back stair case. I walked silently down the stairs and walked through the kitchen. There was two pups staring at a women cooking and a group of teenagers talking about random things. As I walked by they bowed their neck in respect and continued their conversations quietly.

I headed out the back door to a random bush, stripped of my clothing and shifted into my midnight wolf. I relinquish control and let my wolf run free for a bit. When our limbs start ache and all the pent up tension from the past week dissolves, we decide that we should find somewhere to rest. We come across a small pond near the east border. The pond is hidden by thick trees thankfully.

  Looking onto the pond surface I inspect my wolf's face. He has distinct green eyes with a white patch over his left eye and on his chest. One could say my wolf is cute in a scary; I'll eat your face if you get in my way kind-of way. But people are too scared to even look my wolf and me in the eye. Heh. Wouldn't want to make the beast angry. People aggravate me to no end. Only focusing on gossip or just blatant lies that either boost bullies or degrade genuine people into hating themselves. 

I hear a twig snap in the distance, breaking me out of my trance. East.. I think. "Who's there? Show yourself, I already know you're there so come out before I get mad." I bark out. I stare in the direction of the sound, as seconds go by my wolf is feeling more anxious and high alert. Letting out a low growl of annoyance I start walking east sniffing for any familiar or pungent scents. but to no avail. Was that my imagination? Stepping over a fallen tree I spot something moving in a tree. I walk closer to find a white bunny hopping into a small hole at the trunk of a tree. White rabbit? We don't have white rabbits around here... 

"Alpha we need your assistance past the southern boarder! The two warriors are critically injured " my beta linked quickly. Instantly snapping back into reality I mind link him back telling him to send a few warriors and a car.

"I'll be there in a couple minutes" I say cutting of the link. You'd think two fully grown male warriors could take down a couple rogues. I guess I've been going too soft in training. 

Shaking my head I start running towards the southern boarder. My ears pop as I cross the invisible pack line jolting me towards the scents of two of my warriors. I run about a mile east and come across a small pond encased in trees. I hear a little boy crying and men shouting in the distance. 

"What the hell now?"