"Hey neighbour"

"Come on Rose, just one last sheet" my dad encourages me. He is sitting beside with a serious look.

I glance away from the laptop in front of me, and over to dad. I look at his dull blue eyes, and watch as he pulls his hand through his brown hair. I will never get over that for his age, he doesn't even have a single grey hair.

I pout "can I please just call it a night. I wanted to go for a run before it got dark" I wine well giving him puppy dog eyes.

He sighs "fine I suppose you have done enough" he states looking back at the laptop screen.

I squeal "thanks dad" I say kissing him on the cheek. He smiles and pulls me into a side hug, I look at him and see the slight wrinkles around his eyes, and the smile line dragging across his cheek.

His face goes serious again "But you have to have this essay down by at least tomorrow, so I can have it in on time for Philip to look" he advises me while pointing his finger.

"Sir yes sir" I say with salute. He chuckles and takes his arm off from around my shoulders.

I begin packing up my school stuff, when I hear my fathers phone go off. He picks it up and answers, while sitting up and walking out of the kitchen.

I finish packing my stuff up, throwing it in my book bag. I sling one strap over my shoulder, using the other hand I grab my MacBook laptop and head for the stairs.

I walk through the kitchen entrance, just in time to see my mother walk in the front door. She looks exhausted, as she places her bag down on the floor and pulls of her coat.

"Hey mama" I greet her with a big smile. Her big brown eyes light up as she sees me.

"Hey sweetheart" she greets back with a smile. I walk over and plant a kiss on her cheek, she does the same and picks up her bag. Her brown wavy hair falling over her shoulders.

My mom was absolutely stunning. With her hazel eyes and still perfectly brown gorgeous hair, and glowing tan skin. I would be lying if I said I wasn't gorgeous as well.

I inherited my moms model looks, my natural beauty always has had people given me second glances, I didn't really like it though. Unlike my mom, I don't really want to model and show my beauty off.

"Where's your father?" She asks looking around me.

"He's on the phone. We just finished most of my essay, only one last page to go" I inform her.

"Okay. I'm going to get dinner started, any requests?" She asks.

"No, anything will be fine with whatever,but thanks for asking. Oh and I'm going on a run, I just have to drop this stuff upstairs" I notify her while pointing up the stairs with my free hand.

"Alright. How long till you think you will be back?" She asks.

"About an hour. I might stop at the park and hang for a second" I answer her shrugging my shoulders.

"Okay just be safe. Oh and when you pass Mrs.Franklins house make sure you drop her mail off to her, they mixed it up again" she says pointing over to the stake of envelopes on the small Cabot near the door.

I hum an okay as I make my way upstairs. I walk through my bedroom and drop my stuff down on my bed that is located in the centre of my room.

I look at my blue and white walls and take a deep breath. I love my room, it is my happy place. I look over at all the family photos of me and my parents and smile.