Part Four. Chapter Eight. Michael

Start from the beginning

Alex tilted his head, a look of guilt appearing upon his face. I sighed, as my wolf retreated lying ears lowered at the back of my mind. He was satisfied that Alex had chosen us over the Alpha pup, but saddened by his current expression. I took a pen from my pocket and scribbled down an address and time on a napkin, before thrusting it at the boy. "If you are that concerned, be there tomorrow." I then ushered Alex out of the door before our surprise could be accidentally unveiled by his friend.

*****

Alex apologised profusely for the behaviour of his friend, but we asked him to bear it no mind. Well, I did. Marcus' protective and possessive nature surely rivalled my own and as far as he was concerned, Alex was still pack and we were keeping him from returning. Eric was less forgiving, but said that so long as the pup stayed out of his way, he would ignore the insults.

By the evening, things were calmer and happier between us anyway. Alex's parents had welcomed us and as they and I were doctors, the conversation swayed that direction. They did seem impressed that Eric owned his own gym and were curious about the pride, knowing much less about the traditions of a gathering of cats than those of wolves. No prides were established in this area, after all. Not one of us mentioned what would occur tomorrow.

We let Alex rest well, simply enjoying that he was sleeping in between us in his bed. I didn't sleep quite so well, nervous for what was planned. Eric snored and purred half of the night before settling his body around Alex's curled form and sleeping more soundly. Not even an earthquake could have roused my tiger once he was settled for the night.

When the sun was established in the sky, I finally gave up attempting to rest and took a shower, before kissing Eric awake. The man naturally turned the gesture into something deeper and I found myself tearing away from his skilled lips with a small growl. He simply licked his lips and raised his eyebrows suggestively.

"Not now," I murmured beneath my breath. "Or do you wish to spoil this day, his day?" He glanced at Alex, who still slept in his embrace and a contented purr rumbled in his chest. He smiled and slipped from the bed, to begin his morning routine.

We had a light breakfast with Beth and Karl, before entering one of the guest rooms where the suits we had ordered sometime ago were waiting for us. Both were navy blue and were paired with a white shirt and baby blue waistcoat and cravat. Silver cuff links and cravat pins finished the look. Eric looked stunning in his and I couldn't help but cover his smiling lips with my own. "Well hello to you too," he purred, wrapping his arms about my waist.

There was a tentative knock at the door and Alex popped his head through the door. "What are you guys doing in here?" he said, before his eyes widened, half surprised and half appreciative. "Mum told me you'd be in here.. what's going on?"

Eric turned and reached for the third suit hidden in here, an all white suit with waistcoat and cravat that matched ours. "This is for you," Eric purred, handing it to Alex.

"I don't understand," Alex shook his head as he brushed his fingers over the fabric.

"Will you do us the honour of becoming our husband?" I asked him, kneeling as I should before my intended. Eric joined me, but still our mate looked a little lost.

"I already agreed to the mating," he smiled, confused. And then as if a light bulb had switched on above his head, he gasped. "Wait.. you mean.. a marriage ceremony? You both and me?" We nodded and tears began to form in his eyes. He placed the suit onto the bed and turned to reach for us. "You guys didn't have to do this. But, damn, you look fine in those suits! How long have you been planning this?"

"A few weeks," Eric said with a slight shrug. "So what's your answer, sweetheart?"

"Of course, I will!" He laughed as huge grins appeared upon our faces. "So when's our ceremony?" He asked checking out his suit in more depth. "I mean, I am assuming you planned for us to have it soon, seeing as you have the suits and all."

"In about an hour and a half," I said, glancing at my watch as I rose to my feet. A squeak of surprise escaped him and he began to laugh again and shake his head.

"You guys are crazy!" He said, before reaching around both our necks as he kissed us fondly. "I love you. I love you both so much."

*****

The wedding ceremony was performed at the registry office within this town as planned. Damien, Eric's cousin and Ian, his former Second and uncle, came to support Eric and I as witnesses for both us and the pride. Alex had the support of his parents, of course. But they were not the only ones to come and see him wed; Marcus and his mate, Charles and Adam and the Alpha and Luna of the Townsend pack showed up at the registry office as well.

Alex looked so beautiful in his white suit that my heart felt full of pride. Eric looked smug as he openly appreciated us both. The introductions, the vows, the declarations all passed in a haze. Soon enough my amazing Goddess gifted mates were declared my husbands. How was it possible that I, a wolf abandoned by his pack for accepting the Goddess' choice, could be so damned fortunate?