Chapter Nine

Just wear the dress it won't kill you.
Also I can't write dance scenes for the life of me so bare with me here.

Y/n pulled on her dress. She left her hair down and took her glasses off. Thankfully, her mother wasn't home to see that.

She slipped on her white shoes and walked towards the door. As she opened it, she saw Vance waiting outside. He had on a suit to look fancy. After all, they were trying to make KO jealous. It was a dumb idea and even a bit cruel considering who they were making jealous, but Vance wanted to do it. And even though she didn't realize it, Y/n wasn't thinking clearly.

"Ready?" Vance asked. Y/n nodded. He began walking down the sidewalk, Y/n following. As they were walking, Y/n spoke up.

"Do you think we should be doing this? I mean, KO is a really nice kid. I feel bad for trying to make him jealous." She said.

"Was it nice to leave you? No. Was it nice to try and make you like him? No. Will making him jealous be nice? No. Revenge isn't nice. Revenge is evil. But sometimes, it's needed." Vance said. Y/n looked down, thinking. Maybe he was right. Maybe this was needed.

"You know... You're actually kind of nice when we're getting along..." Y/n said. Vance chuckled.

"And you're a lot more evil than I thought." He said.

"I'm not evil. It's just like you said. 'Revenge is evil. But sometimes, it's needed'." Y/n said. Vance rolled his eyes.

"Sure." He said as he laughed a bit.

They soon approached the school. Many cars were parked in front of the building, and children in fancy dresses and suits were all walking inside. Vance linked arms with Y/n and led her inside.

They made their way to the gym, the room the dance was being held in. As they walked in, they heard loud music playing and children's laughter.

The gym was filled with people of many different ages. But mostly kids around Y/n's age.

"So what do we do first?" Y/n asked.

"Look for KO. Hopefully he came." Vance said.

"There's no way KO would miss the dance. He probably came with..." Y/n spotted KO, who was in a suit. He was standing next to his friend. "Dendy..." Y/n felt a burning feeling inside. She felt upset. She didn't know what it was.

"Woah, Y/n, don't get jealous. KO is supposed to do that." Vance said. Y/n sighed.

"Right. Yeah. I wasn't jealous. I'm just nervous." She said. Although, she knew she was jealous.

"Uh huh. Sure. C'mon. First things first. We dance in front of him." Vance said as he led Y/n onto the dance floor.

"Don't you think it'll be a bit awkward since you're a couple years older than me?" Y/n asked.

"No. We just need to make it look like we're close. He'll go crazy over it." Vance said.

"Right..." Y/n said. "At least your short enough to dance with me and not trip." She joked. Vance was, after all, only a couple inches taller than her despite being 13.

"Ugh, whatever." He groaned. Once on the dance floor and was able to be seen by KO, they began dancing to the music.

Vance placed one hand on her shoulder and the other on her side. Y/n placed her hands on his shoulders.

As they danced, Y/n felt eyes burning holes in her back. She heard Vance chuckle.

"Ooh, he looks upset." He said. Y/n's eyes widened.