Chapter Eight

Y/n decided to walk to school the next day. She couldn't stand having to face KO, not after what happened.

As Y/n walked into the school, she pulled the hood further over her head. Her pig tails stuck out a bit, but they were hidden enough.

Y/n walked into the classroom and saw children in their seats and the teacher standing at the chalk board. Y/n was late since she had to walk.

Y/n ignored the looks the children were giving her and walked to an empty desk in the back. She felt eyes on her. She looked up and noticed a few children were staring at her, confused. She was never late. If anything, she was early.

As her eyes scanned the room, she saw KO sitting across the room with Dendy, working. She looked down and sighed.

The children's eyes were still burning holes through her hoodie. Y/n swallowed the lump in her throat. She was nervous. She was never nervous in crowds. Why was today different?

She decided to distract herself with something. She pulled out an envelope. She had gotten a letter from her dad, and had not read it yet. She was too tired yesterday to read it, and she didn't have time this morning.

She opened the envelope and pulled out a few folded papers. A post card fell out with them. It had a picture of pristine blue water and a beach in front of woods. It was Capri, Italy. That's where her dad went.

As Y/n began reading the letter, she felt more eyes on her. She broke out sweating, nervous. Why were they staring at her?

She couldn't stand it. She looked up and the others, but everyone was looking at the chalk board. Y/n sighed and set the papers down. She massaged her throbbing head. Maybe she was just nervous because KO was in the same room?

Whatever the problem was, it was obvious she was having trouble with it. More and more children began staring at her again.

Y/n felt scared for some reason. It felt like everyone was mentally judging her. They were all making fun of her, but why?

For being alone. That's the reason. People saw she was no longer hanging out with KO. They knew she didn't have any friends. And they were judging her for it.

Y/n couldn't take it anymore. She stood up and quickly said,

"Ms. Quantum, may I use the restroom?!" She asked in an abnormally loud voice, almost like she was panicking. She was panicking.

"Uh... Sure..." Ms. Quantum mumbled, a bit confused by her loud voice. Y/n grabbed the letter and post card and quickly rushed out of the room. As she passed by the other desks, she saw KO, who looked just as confused as everyone else. She quickly looked away and walked out.

As soon as she closed the door, she took off running down the hall. She couldn't bare the thought of everyone judging her.

Once she was in the bathroom, she leaned against the wall and slid to the floor. She sighed, relieved to be out of that room.

She looked at the letter and smiled. She unfolded it and began reading it.

Hello, Y/n. How have you been? How has M/n been? I heard you moved to a new school since M/n got a new job. Did you make any new friends?

I know I promised I would take you to Capri with me. And I am keeping that promise. I want to come and get you soon and take you back to Italy with me. I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to do it yet, but I'm definitely trying. I'm sure you just been dying to come see me, huh?

I want to save all the stories for when I see you. So this is all I'll say for now. I'll see you soon hopefully, Y/n.

Love,
Dad.

Y/n sighed, smiling. She looked at the picture on the post card. She hoped she would get to go stay with him. She didn't have a reason to stay here anymore.

Y/n suddenly heard the bell ring. She stood up and folded the papers up, putting them back in the envelope.

As she walked out of the bathroom, she ran right into someone. She groaned and held her head. She looked at the person in front of her. She gasped. All that nervousness came back, hitting her like a train.

"K-KO..." She stuttered. Her throat closed up. KO stared at her for a moment, confused. He noticed the envelope.

"What's that?" He pointed at it. Y/n gasped and hid it behind her back.

"O-Oh, it's nothing." She said. "I-I've gotta go..."

Y/n began walking away quickly, holding the letter close. She didn't want to tell anyone about her leaving. She would rather just disappear and not be remembered. Nobody here even liked her so what's the point?

As Y/n walked, she passed by a child who was putting up a poster. She noticed it was for the dance later on tonight.

She had wanted to go with KO, but that was before they stopped being friends. Now she had no one to go with.

"You planning on going to the dance?" A familiar voice asked. Y/n turned around and looked up. It was Vance.

"Not anymore." Y/n said as she looked down.

"Why not?" Vance asked.

"I lost my friend. He was the only friend I could go with. There's no point in going alone." Y/n said. Vance frowned.

"Was it that KO kid you were hanging out with? The one who punched me?" Vance asked. Y/n nodded. Vance smirked. "Tell you what. You come with me to the dance, and we can make him jealous. It'll be revenge for both of us."

"I don't think that's the smartest thing to do..." Y/n said.

"Smart isn't always the thing you want to go with. C'mon, what do you say? Get a little payback?" Vance held his hand out. Y/n looked down and sighed.

"You'll pay, right?" She said, a small smirk visible on her face. Vance rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. So you'll do it?" Vance asked. Y/n took his hand.

"I'll do it." She said. Vance grinned.

"All right. Tonight, we have revenge." He said.