Ch 11

It was all the same. The stars all around you, the blanket, the chairs. Everything looked the same as it always did; blurry. The miniature figure stood in front of you. Something glistened in its hand, but what? What surprised you this time was you heard a soothing sound. Like a deep mysterious voice that, you assumed, was coming from the figure. It spoke words you couldn't make out, meanings you couldn't understand.

You opened your eyes, each blink causing a piece of the dream you were having to fade away. You yawned stretching your hands to find your roommates were stirring too. That's when you remembered. The long awaited day finally arrived. The event that buzzed all about the Hogwarts hallways.

It was the day of the dance.

You saw Alice and Marlene stand up in sync with identical grins on both of their faces.

"THE DANCE IS TODAY!!!" They shouted. This brought both you and Lily fully into consciousness as you both sat up.

"Say that louder. Don't think Ilvermorny heard ya." You said rubbing you eyes. Both you and the redhead beside you gave the two standing girls annoyed looks.

"Hey, what's that?" Alice asked you.

"What's what?" You asked back confused.

"That blue thing in your drawer. Is it for the dance?" Alice cleared. You felt the blood rush from your face as you looked into your drawer.

Oh no. You thought as you pulled out the unopened envelope from your parents.

"They're so gonna kill you. You haven't opened it yet." Lily taunted, now leaning over your shoulder. You'd been so caught up with studying and examinations you'd forgotten to open your parents letter.

"But I had to study and... exams and-" You tried defending yourself.

"Just open the envelope, they'll understand." Lily reassured taking a seat next to you. You opened it to see a piece of parchment.

'Morning Sunshine.

How's school going. Hope they're taking good care of you. They better be! You father and I just wanted to wish you luck on your O.W.L's. We hope you pass. (Y/ M/ N), do your people count it as passing or-? Keep quiet (Y/ F/ N), the quill is picking up your voice. Oh no it picked up mine too.

Anyways, Lyall, Hope, your father and I were talking and we decided since you and Remus are (almost) sixteen we'd let you stay in the farm house this summer. You can both invite some friends over but have six people total. You and Remus can decide who's coming and you can get tell us when you've decided. You should invite that friend of yours, Lily, she's a kind young girl, isn't she (Y/ F/ N)?

Hope this letter didn't interrupt your studying honey. We miss you so much sweetheart. Give Albus our greetings.

Your loving parents,

Mrs and Mr (L/N)

You didn't realize how much you missed them till you had read the letter at least three times. You wiped a tear from you eye realizing your roommates were also reading it.

"Ha, they called Lily kind." Marlene mocked making Lily hit her on the stomach.

"I'd better tell Remus about the news." You said standing up heading for the door. Alice held your wrist pulling you back.

"Don't go yet. He's probably not even awake yet."

"And if he is I reckon he's stressed about the dance." Marlene added.