Chapter 13 ✔️

Start from the beginning

I pressed my lips in a thin line and stomped towards the medical room with Miss Lexi and Chase hot on my heels.

*******

Sitting on this chair for the last 30 minutes, I was having no knowledge about what was going on.
This people had a freaking mini hospital in this mansion. When they said medical room I expected a small room like those they have in schools for wounded children. But this was far from my imagination.

Unbelievable!

"On the contrary, it quite believable. Where do you think we treat our wounded soldiers? Though we have our own nursing homes all around the countries but this one comes handy most of the time," Chase said quite snobbishly as if it was something to be proud of to have a hospital in his home.

Did I say that aloud?

The fact that they needee this hospital almost regularly made me shudder. Off course what can be expected from Mafia men.

"Can the doctors be trusted here?" I looked back at him reluctantly.

"We have the best doctors from across the world for our hospitals. Though this one doesn't need many doctors. One or two are enough. Thats why I appointment Dr. Alexis for the surrogacy. We needed an expert for this. And she doesn't stay here," he said spinning his fingers across the room indicating this mini hospital.

"Just how many people works under you that you need freaking hospitals in every state?" I scoffed out.

"Well little bird, there are several gangs and mafia families that are under my wings in mid Europe. There are total 17 Underboss and several more Captains under me who makes sure to keep the business running. I have to make sure they are safe and protected, as long as I'm their Capo, shouldn't I?" He explained to me in a calm manner, almost mockingly.

"Whatever."

Turning towards him I asked " Why are you calling Miss Lexi, Dr. Alexis? She isn't a doctor as per as I know. How do you even know her at the first place? And what is she even doing here? Is this another trick to blackmail me for my papa because trust me if...." I was rambling when suddenly he placed his palm on my mouth to shut me.

"Shh....easy there little bird. Getting impatient aren't we?" My eyes widened at his action.

"You are using your mouth too much now-a-days. Why don't we make good use of this sweet petals and that sexy little mouth of yo..?" He nudged his nose on his palm, that was on my mouth, and was talking in his usual husky tone, when I heard the sound of a clearing throat.

"Ehem..." I snapped my head back at the voice and so did Chase, where Miss Lexi was standing, having a stern expression, and was scowling at Chase. She narrowed her eyes at him and looked back at me, her eyes softening totally.

"Sarah, go with the nurse to the test room. She will take your blood samples which I will require for the medical tests" She said in a gentle tone.

"But Lexi, I wanted to talk to yo...."

"We will, my child. But let's get the task in hand over with," she replied me back.

"Okey," I said and stood up from the chair, walking into the test room.

CHASE