Introduction

Every year on Facebook, I like to republish a fable I had written on Christmas Eve 2005 about families eating together at a popular restaurant for the holidays while revealing shocking truths about themselves to the surprise of their companions and children. I'd written it during a season when I, myself, was waiting tables and serving drinks to families who wanted to celebrate the holidays in public, and wondered how much truth they were hiding from each other. "The Fountain of Truth" is my interpretation of what the scene might look like if no one were to keep anything hidden from each other.

Now that we're coming on the tenth anniversary of that story's creation, I thought it would be fun to take it beyond Facebook's range and make it more accessible for not just those who live on my Facebook friend's list, but for everyone interested in the idea. So I've decided to port it to the e-book format. If you're reading this, and if you're reading this on Christmas Eve, I want to say thanks for spending your evening with the fountain of truth (the fountain) and The Fountain of Truth (the story collection), and remember to always stay truthful because liars suck.

Oh, and the other stories, "Christmas Log" and "St. Nick's Gym," are brand new. I wrote them to give this e-book and the idea of the Christmas fable some weight. But I'm also considering making this into a yearly series, depending on how much the readers want it. Let me know if you want more.

With that, enjoy all the truth ahead.

Note: This introduction comes from the e-book version that I self-published in 2015. Everything I've said about it is still true, except that now we're coming on the 13th anniversary of the original story, and, to reach a greater audience, I thought I'd post it on Wattpad. Also, I don't post it on Facebook anymore. I made the e-book so I wouldn't have to.

 I made the e-book so I wouldn't have to