2 ~ broken pencils

"When can I get my own car mom?" I groan while eating breakfast.

"You're sixteen, you don't need a car yet." mom says as she's pacing back and forth in the kitchen. She picks up her car keys and then winks at me.
"Have a nice day sweetheart." she smiles before walking out the front door. "Be careful and don't talk to any strangers!"

I huff. Mom is my only guardian and she is always too protective over me. I'm not a kid!

Sofie picks me up with her mom's luxurious car an hour later. How can she let her daughter drive it?
"Where's Andrea?" I ask as I sit down next to Sofie who is watching herself in the rear view mirror, fixing her platina blonde hair. 
"She's sick, stomachflu she said." 

 I do a throw up gesture and sigh. "If she has infected me I'm sure gonna kill her."  I grin which makes Sofie chuckle.

"Anyways..." Sofie begins as we drive down the quiet street.
I look at her with raised eyebrows. "What?"
"Oliver asked me out on a date the other day." she smirks.
I have always suspected there was something between Oliver and Sofie. He is in the football team and Sofie was once a cheerleader.
"Seriously!?"
"Yeah, he asked me if I wanted to go to Elija's party with him. I said yes." Sofie giggles.

Every year a guy in Sophmore called Elija, organizes a big party at his house. It is one week till then and I have finally convinced mom to let me go.
"That's great Sofie!" I burst out.
"I don't know." she mutters.
"Why?"
"Andrea isn't going to the party. And I promised you that we would go together. " she begins. "Now you'll have to go by yourself."

I chuckle. "That's fine. Just go with Oliver."
Sofie sighs and smiles at me. "Thanks."

~

We are going to get new seats in history class, and I arrive in the classroom right on time.

"Jackie take a seat in the back." Mrs Willsburg orders and points at a desk. I nod and sit down.

"Leonardo, you can sit next to Jackie."
I literally choke on my own breath and my eyes widen. I hadn't even noticed he is in this class!

Leo sits down next to me with a bored expression on his face. When his eyes meet mine they grow large and I blush. 

He has a tough and almost angry expression, I can't read his face... Is he angry or is that just his natural face? Except from that threatening exterior he has the look of an angel. I want to reach my hand out and touch his hair which has fallen down over his forehead, but that would be insane. Like the arrogant guy he is he chews on the gum in his mouth while glaring at me. 

"It's you again." he says. I can't tell if he's smiling or gritting his teeth at me?...

"Mmm." I mumble and look down in my lap where I have my sweaty hands clasped.
Leo chuckles, before he slowly leans closer to me.
"Are you scared of me?" he whispers which makes me cringe out of comfort.
"Why would I be scared of you?" I try to sound strong but my voice betrays me.

He laughs again. "You just seem to get so nervous when I talk to you." 

"I'm not interested in you." I whisper.
"I never said you were interested in me." 
I don't answer, instead I try to pay attention to the teacher who is writing up English pronouns on the whiteboard.

I have never felt this uncomfortable in my whole life! Jeez, for being such a hot guy, Leo is extremely annoying! He keeps weighing back and forth on his chair and my head is hurting from the sound as he drums his pencil against the table.

My hand flies up in the air as the teacher holds her presentation. She nods for me to speak.

"Should you avoid starting a sentence with a conjunction?" I ask her.

"Good question." I can't help but smile.

Suddenly Leo snatches my pencil away from me and I furrow my brows at him.

"Can you stop asking so many questions? Your voice is annoying and I'm sure no one in this class  appreciates it." Leo says in a calm voice. My mouth falls open at his rudeness. It's good to ask questions!

"Excuse me?" I stutter.

"You heard me." he shrugs and fidgets with my pencil.

"Give me my pencil back." I hiss which makes Leo snort. He breaks the pencil in two before smashing it down on my table. I gasp loudly and tears immediately burn behind my eyes. What has he done!? That was my favorite pencil! 

Leo looks at me with raised eyebrows, probably expecting me to start yelling or cussing him out. Which is exactly what I want to do. But who do I think I am? I can't scold someone, I'm too sensitive and will probably burst out crying. 

Instead I crouch down in my seat and let my hair fall down so Leo can't see my soaking eyes. 

When the lesson ends I feel Leo's hand land on my shoulder and I squeeze my eyes shut as I wait for him to hit me or maybe break something else that I'm owning.

"Did you get upset, sweetie? Hah, grow up."