Chapter 10

Madison's P.O.V

When I walked into Matts room he was hooked up to all different types of machines. He had needles in his arms, straps around his leg and he looked lifeless. He wasn't moving or anything, the only movement coming from his was the rise and fall of his chest.

I couldn't see him like this, I quickly turned out of the room and ran down the hall and turned the corner. I pressed my back up agents the wall and slid down it. I sat there and cried, I cried for what felt like hours. People passed by and just looked at me but I didn't care because I had to let it out I felt helpless and upset. After I was done crying I picked myself up and went to the cafeteria to get something to eat. I just got cereal because I felt sick, so I didn't want to eat to much.

I decided that after I was done eating I would go back to Matt's room. Even tho he won't know I'm there I need to be there with him.

I put all my trash into the trash can before leaving to go back to Matt's room. I had myself prepared for everything now.

"I can do this"

I whispered to myself encouraging myself to do this.

I walked into Matt's room and say down next to his bed in a chair. I grabbed Matt's had, it was so cold. I kissed the back of his hand before speaking.

"Hey Matt it's me, Madison. I know you can't hear me or feel me..."

I let out a little laugh as a tear fell down my face. I sniffled and continued what I was saying.

"... But I'm here for you Matt. I'm not leaving your side until you wake up. I know we have only been dating for a little bit but I like you a lot and you can't leave me yet. Matt I need you here please wake up, I don't want life without you I couldn't handle that pain!"

By the time I was done I was completely sobbing. I kissed the back of Matt's hand again and rubbed it across my cheek. Seeing Matt like this was really hard almost unbearable.

Matt's P.O.V

I could hear Madison talking to me. Where was I? I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. What's wrong with me? I can hear Madison crying. What's wrong, why is she crying?! I can't handle hearing Madison like this come on Matt wake up Madison needs you! I felt a tear drop onto my hand, Madison lifted my hand to her lips and kissed it and then rubbed it across her cheek. Her cheek was soaked with tears. What was going on? I need to wake up, I need to make Madison happy and make her laugh! but why am I not waking up?