chapter twenty two

Start from the beginning

I chuckled at her comment. No one ever complemented me before. I was always seen as an ordinary girl.

"Thank you."

The clergy (a person that can marry two people) was doing some sentimental speech. You know about love, the reason why we are all here today. They then started the real session.

They first said their vows. Ji-Yeon went first. She was already crying. She said how she was so happy to find such an amazing guy who loved someone like her. I dreamed of this day. I would never get to have it.

After she finished, Jinyoung started to wipe her tears and say his vows. I wasn't ready. I didn't want to hear how much he loved this woman. It would hurt me.

"Kim Ji-Yeon. The girl who helped me through everything. The woman who promised me to always be by my side."

I realized what he said. I sat there and listened tears in my eyes.

"You came into my life a little over six years ago. You came to me like a ray of light. You gave me your all and I don't know how to repay you. You always say sorry for not making me happy enough but you do. You make so overly happy. When I was at a time of distraught, you cheered me up and made me smile. Now that I am standing here today in front of the love of my life, I never thought this day would come. I never that someone as beautiful, smart, talented, and caring of a person is standing in front of me today."

His words. They sounded so sincere. He was saying them because he loved her. He loved her for six years. Ji-Yeon was the light of his life. I had no business in their relationship.

"I promise you. I promise to always be an amazing man to you, to wipe your tears when your sad, to let you lay on my lap when your tired. I will let you rest on my shoulders when your worn out. I will love unconditionally."

I realized. Kyung Seok knew about Jinyoung getting married. I told Kyung Seok about Jinyoung. He knew about my on-going love for Jinyoung. Kyung Seok purposelessly brought me here.

Then they continued on with the rings.

"If anyone objects to this marriage, please speak now or forever hold your peace."

I heard those words. Of course, I object. But I didn't want to ruin his life by not letting him marry the love of his life. So I ran from the venue. I got up from my seat.

I accidentally knocked over a small pillar which drew everyone's attention to me. They all looked at me. I got more embarrassed. I ran out.

"Wait!"

Someone screamed out to me. I stopped. I felt like this was a constant thing now. Me running away from all my problems and them pulling me back in.

"Don't run away. Who are you?" Jinyoung yelled out.

I quickly wiped my tears. I turned around and faced him.

"I'm sorry for disturbing your happy moment. I'll leave now. Congratulations. Jinyoung-ah."

Tears fell from my face. I'm can't believe I said that to him.

"No! Y/N!"

"Jinyoung! Don't! You don't need her." I heard Ji-Yeon yell at him.

I ran even faster than before. I went to get a taxi from the side of the rode. I stepped into the road as a taxi was pulling for me. All of a sudden, I was grabbed by the wrist.

"I said Don't leave."

Jinyoung. He was holding me in his arms. I quickly noticed and pushed him away. Sadly, the taxi already left. So with that, I walked down the sidewalk away from him. I didn't want him to see that I was hurt. It's been four years. I'm probably the only one who has held on to their first love this long.

"Y/N!"

"I'm sorry. You have a wedding to attend."

"Y/N. I'm not going back until you come back with me."

"And why would I do that?" I kept walking and he stood right next to me.

"I want you to witness my wedding."

"Jinyoung. You really want me to witness something that I never wanted to see." It was just plain silence. "Jinyoung. I thought I forgot about you. I thought I stopped loving. Yet deep inside, i still have the feeling of butterflies in my stomach when I'm around you."

"Y/N-"

"Yes. I know. You love her. That's why you wanted to marry her. I feel like my one-sided love is useless. I should stop thinking and just look ahead. One-sided would be okay if you didn't want to marry someone. But you're happy. Happy and want to live a life with her. Yes. I know it all."

"Y/N-"

"Jinyoung. I'm not happy. I feel like you will be the only one I love in my lifetime. It sounds stupid but it's true. I won't find any other like you. You really have something about you Jinyoung. Don't you?"

"You don't have to find any other like me."

"What?" I was confused by his words.

"I told you, you don't have to find someone else. I'm right here. I'm all yours."

"Pftt. You have a fiancé probably crying, waiting for you to marry her."

"No. Y/N. I loved you from the start. Ji-Yeon was overly obsessed with me. So I dated her. I did fall in love her. But her love was nothing like yours. Her love she showed was different. It didn't fit me. I didn't realize that until I read all your letters."

"You read my letters?"