chapter seven

I was back at my apartment. Right when I walked in, I fell to the floor. I saw the missed calls from Subin. All the texts. She was worried about me. I didn't bother to answer them. I tried to reach for my necklace wrapped around my neck. It wasn't there. It was someone else's.

I stayed up all night. I sat there crying and screaming. I never had something this tragic happen to me. I couldn't believe I let this happen to me. I told myself I would never let myself get hurt again. Look at me. I disappointed myself and my mother.

-time skip-

It was already afternoon. I was sitting on my couch. Just staring at nothing, blankly. I had no common sense. I heard a door open. I didn't turn my head. I heard someone call my name.

"Y/N!" It was Subin. She came to see me. "What happened to you!?"

I didn't answer.

"Wait. Don't tell me." She was tearing up. I didn't talk. I couldn't speak. Subin hugged me. "It's going to be okay. Hold on. Let me call someone." Subin grabbed her phone. I took it.

I knew who she was going to call.

"Don't." I said to her.

"But I was going to call Jinyoung. He needs to know what happened."

"But does he want to?" Subin stood there silent. "That's what I thought. He doesn't care anymore and doesn't need to."

"But-"

"No, Subin. Only you know what happens with me. I only trust you. Got it?" Subin nodded at me. She was the only one I could rely on. I was a toy to everybody else.

"Come on. Let's get dressed."

"It's fine. I'm fine. It happened. I don't want to be effected by it." I got up and changed into a sweater and black leggings. After I got done changing, Subin told me to sit and talk to her.

"Tell me what has been happening. Why did you leave?"

I explained to her everything. She knew about my mother's death. She now knows everything about my father. It was only right for her to know. Subin hugged me.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through this alone." She was crying. I could tell.

"You don't have to apologize. It wasn't your fault."

"Let's head out. You know to clear your head."

"Maybe next time. I wanna stay home. I want to feel safer."

Subin left. I was still lying to her. I didn't tell her I was taking these pills to stop all the nightmares I've been getting lately. It was of my ugly past. They weren't prescribed. It said to only take two a day. I took about four a day.

- Subin's POV-

Y/N told me about her past. I had no other choice but to just feel guilty and sorry. I can't believe she had to go through all the trauma alone. I thought about telling Jinyoung. She told me to not tell anyone. I was the only she trusted. Jinyoung was her best friend way more than me before.

Yes. They fell apart. I didn't know what their relationship was now. I felt like it wasn't good because of what Y/N said. But he had to know. This all happened when he worried about her. Jinyoung always wanted answers to why she was like that. I wanted to tell him. I had to tell him.