chapter four

I put my stuff down on the island. I changed into sweatpants and a loose white t-shirt. All of a sudden I got a text.

"Hello. I heard you are back. Don't worry I'm not your father. I'm his friend. He wants to see you. He said he has changed. He still lives in the house."

It was unknown. I was pretty sure it my uncle. He was the only one who really knows about me leaving. He doesn't know about the abuse part but he knows about the drinking.

I'm not going to lie. I was planning on going to see my father. But I was scared. My uncle said he hasn't seen him in real life but my father called him and said he needed to see me. My uncle didn't like the house so he never came.

This thought ran through my head. I fell asleep immediately.

-the next morning-

I looked at the time. Subin said to meet her at the cafe we used to go when we were students. Ah! I love that place. Jinyoung, Subin, and I would go there all the time after class. When you walk in you get this aura. The owner was a little old woman in her 60's. She was the nicest person.

She always gave us a latte on the house once a week. I always picked a study day. I would also study there. It was a small cafe, not a lot of people go there or at least I remember.

I dressed into a graphic tee and ripped jeans. I threw a light cardigan as I knew it was gloomy and a little windy. I was hoping that it wouldn't rain.

-time skip-

Subin and I just talked about the old memories. It was quite hard to hear. The cafe has grown a lot. I mean like it expanded physically and more people came in. I ordered a vanilla latte and a chocolate chip muffin. No one knew there were chocolate chip muffins but me, Subin, and Jinyoung. No one was aloud to order it but us.

Of course, me and Jinyoung are pretty much strangers now so I really have not point bringing up memories about him.

"Oh. That's mine." I said as I saw the muffin on the signature blue plate. The plate was specifically for me. It was a pretty color to me. Only my best friends knew how much it really represented me. The waiter who I could tell worked her for over three years because I recognized her, walked past me.

She gave it to another girl. It was Ji-yeon. She was sitting right in front of Jinyoung. Of course. Why are they always together when I'm there? For once, I want to see them at least alone by themselves.

"Oh no she didn't. That's your muffin and your plate." Subin got up to talk to Jinyoung.

"Stop. I have no reason to get into their business." I said stopping Subin.

"Fine. But look she stole your boyfriend. She stole your muffin and she stole your spot in school."

"Okay but first he isn't my boyfriend. And what do you mean by school?"

"You know how you were top? Well she is now top. And you are completely knocked off the list."

"That's not a huge deal. I did leave the school."

"I know but not even the second placed was close to you."

Subin left you. I walked out and noticed the raining as I was walking. I quickly ran under a small transom. It really didn't help.

I felt the rain stop falling on me and a shadow appear above me.