40| 'Romance Game'

I ran down the corridor leading away from the hotel rooms and towards the roof terrace. The marble tiles beneath my bare feet were cold and only slightly slippy but I continued to quicken my pace until I reached the glass doors leading to the large rooftop terrace, knowing full well that I could slip and fall flat on my face at any given second. The cool air hit my face the second I pushed open the glass doors, the terrace was modern and surrounded by a glass railing that overlooked the ocean on one side, on the other it looked out at the lush green gardens of the outrageously overpriced hotel.

I slowed down my pace into a slow stroll to the waist high glass railing overlooking the glistening ocean, the sky was a dark ebony but the terrace was lit well enough that I could still see my surroundings. I was barefoot, carrying my heels by their straps in one hand. I placed them down by my feet before looking out at the ocean and letting all the breath that I was Currently holding, out of my lungs. Before I could turn around I heard footsteps from behind, for a second I wishfully hoped that it was Ethan or Josh but knowing my luck, I knew who it would be.

"You're good at running away, you know that?" I rolled my eyes at the familiar husky voice. I could just picture the smug grin that would be plastered across Damion's face. I reluctantly turned to face him and just as I thought, he was giving me a grin so smug that it could challenge the cheshire cat. Dick.

"How do you know that I was running away from something?" I challenged him with a raised brow, I had come up here for some air and some space to clear my head.

"Well, the last time I checked, girls don't tend to sprint down corridors like a demon is chasing them for no reason," Damion cocked his head to the side and then closed the distance between us so that he could rest his elbows on the glass railing...

"Well, the last time I checked, girls don't tend to sprint down corridors like a demon is chasing them for no reason," Damion cocked his head to the side and then closed the distance between us so that he could rest his elbows on the glass railing beside me. He looked out at the view and wolf-whistled in appreciation, causing me to reluctantly smile at the gesture. Damion turned his head away from the view and looked at me, as I turned to face him he added, "I think you were running from someone not something."

His eyes searched my face and for a second I forgot who he was and how much I have come to despise him. "Everything isn't plain sailing when you don't have a face as jaw dropping as yours." I bit back my smile as Damion rolled his eyes at my voice that was dripping with sarcasm.

He reached forward to tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear, his fingertips trailing slightly along my cheekbone, "Don't underestimate yourself, you're pretty jaw dropping yourself Miss Murphy." I gave him a small pout and he lifted up my chin with his index finger, forcing me to look at his eyes, "You. Are. Fucking. Sexy." I laughed out loud at his crude choice of words.

"Excuse me," I pretended to look past his shoulder, "I'm looking for Damion O'Connor, the man who doesn't have an inch of romance in his repertoire."

Damion shook his head and grinned sheepishly, a boyish smile so at odds with the mature sexuality of his masculine physique. "I can do romance."

"Nope." I turned away from him, facing back out at the crashing waves against the crisp white shoreline.