Walking

Stage One :

Walking
(and minding your own business)

*°*

Picture yourself some kind of dream life. A life worth making a book about, or a movie even. Picture yourself someone with great social abilities, and a passion for new experiences, someone who likes to live life dangerously.

That someone...

Well that someone was most definitely not Jisoo.

See, Jisoo's life was more like... more like the second character of a movie's. A small movie, with a not so great budget. Yeah, it was more like that. Do you remember the protagonist's best friend in that last book you read ? Probably not, and it's okay, no one does. But it was actually a pretty accurate description of Jisoo's life. Not that she minded, though. She kinda liked it, not being in the spotlight, just.. just minding her own business.

Her whole life was pretty much like that, plain and the exact opposite of extra. Literally all of her days were the same. She just went to college everyday, hoping that she'd get a job, earn money, maybe meet someone not so bad and spend the rest of her life with them. Yeah, it was a good plan. It might be some people's worst nightmare, but she genuinly liked it. She liked the routine, liked the feeling of security that came with it.

The only moments in her life that were a tiny bit less boring were the time her best friend, Jennie, managed to drag her out of her house, and bring her to college's parties or some of the city's bar.

Jennie... Well, Jennie was the complete opposite of Jisoo. She was the main character of the books and the movies. She was the interesting, charismatic girl that everyone liked and everyone remembered. Jisoo had basically lived in her shadow her whole life, and truthfully, she was thankful for that, because at least, by being her best friend, she got to live without the fear of being the lonely girl in high school, and without having to use her social skills (or, rather, lack of social skills) too much.

But recently, Jennie had decided that Jisoo just absolutely needed to meet someone, it was their last year of college, and Jisoo was still way too single and definitely not about to date anyone. So the brunette had forced her to go out, at least just to try, like she had said. You never know what is going to happen.

Jisoo didn't really have a choice anyway, upsetting Jennie was the last thing she wanted to do, so she agreed to go out with her a few times, hoping that she could get back to the routine she loved so much as soon as possible.

(Too bad the universe had decided otherwise.)