Ch 15

I'm back...enjoy! 😘

Day 140

Pressure. Being stuck between a rock and a hard place. That's what I feel. I'm not sure how things will transpire if I spill the beans. What Travis will do once he finds out.

About Paula.

About..Him!

Travis and I had just got back on good terms the other day. But the excitement of him moving closer to me is now on the back burner. Unfortunately.

We're at odds again. Over something so petty. On his part, not mine. He just has to have everything his way and he can't all the damn time! Ughh! It's so frustrating. With this current tiff, coupled with the lingering underlining issues he knows nothing about, I'm fearing the worst. Don't see how it could get better.

I mean really. I know what it's like not being able to cope. Not being able to deal with your past. So what do I look like just telling Travis, 'oh btw, the woman you hate most in life is my Aunt...It's messed up!

But what's even more messed up?

The man I hate most in life is his...well..

"I'm his best friend, you know. And I'm just trying to help him, but he doesn't see it that way." Ivi said shaking her head. "It's sad really. I mean, I know he's mad at him, but I know what it's like, not having a father. Yeah he made a mistake, but Detective Chalmers is truly sorry for what he did. And more importantly, he didn't turn his back on him or the rest of the family when he made said mistake. He could have easily skied up, but he didn't. He wants to be there for him. Still wants to be his dad. I think he's held this grudge too long. He needs to let it go before it's too late."

Ivi

was out of breath with her rant before she realized it

was out of breath with her rant before she realized it. She did a few breathing techniques, waiting on a reaction. A response of some sort. When there was nothing, Ivi went on.

"I just wish I could do something about it, you know? But there's really nothing I can do if he's not ready..."

"What was your relationship like with your father?"

"Huh?" Ivi quipped after being interrupted by Aleen. She'd come to stop in the middle of the isle she and Aleen were on, in Barnes and Nobles.

Aleen