Chapter 10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kiba's P.O.V.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crash! Boom! Crackle!

The sound of the thunder and lightning over my head as I was hiding in a cave far away from the house. It had been raining for hours. Why was I in a cave?

~Flashback~

I was walking out of the house so that I could see Shadow and play with him again. We had been playing together with each other for about a month now. I brought my drawing book and some coloring pencils and crayons for us to use when we met at our favorite meeting place, the lake. I made sure that both my ears and tail were well hidden from him. Especially my moon marking on my hand because I didn't want to scare him or or me to be scared because of him. I wore my hat that covers my ears, a skirt that goes down to my mid thighs and covers my tail to the tip, and gloves that do not have fingers in them. Hoodie gave me the gloves as a late birthday present.

When I got there, Shadow was waiting for me with a big grin on his face. He was wearing his beanie that covered most of his black hair, a black jacket wrapped around his waist, and the same type of gloves I had on. I laughed and ran over to him and we gave each other a friendly hug. I could feel my tail wagging under my skirt when seeing him. We sat down and began to draw together. After awhile, I looked at both our drawings. I was drawing a picture of the lake, and Shadow was drawing a picture of a black wolf. He smiled and I smiled back. "What are you drawing Kiba?" He asked me. "I'm drawing the lake. What are you drawing?" I said looking back at his paper. He shifted closer to me and gave me a better look at it. I saw something that I didn't think I would see: the black wolf had red eyes. "This is something I saw in a dream, the night before we first met." He said with sympathy. I wondered why.

"What was the dream?" I asked wondering. He sighed and put his paper and pencil down. Standing up, he walked down to the edge of the water and then looked at me. "In my dream, I saw a girl sitting next to the lake. The next thing I saw was the lake drying up and the sky turning almost blood red." As he was saying this, I was remembering that this was my dream. I had that same dream after we met. "Then the girl was looking around for something or someone, and then there was this growling noise in the bushes. I wanted to run and help her, but I couldn't move." I was getting scared, remembering what happened next. "Did a black wolf jump out?" I asked looking up at him. Shadow stopped talking and looked at me with a surprised look. "Yes... Kiba, did you have the same dream?" He asked me.

"I did. But, I was the girl who got attacked by that wolf." I said remembering what happened in the dream. Shadow walked over and hugged me, I hugged him back. "So, it's true.... The spirit if the moon has chosen her successor?.." He asked looking at me. I had to tell him, but I didn't know how he would react. "Shadow, I'm going to be the new spirit of the moon..." I said looking down in shame and slight fear of how he would respond.

We stayed there in silent for what felt like hours. "Kiba, you're going to be the moon. Do you have a black tail?" He asked me. I looked at him and nodded. I moved my skirt a bit to show him my silky black tail. "And as you know, Shadow: I have white hair and ears." I said putting my hands on my hat not wanting to take it off. Shadow looked at me. "Are you ok?" He asked gently taking my hand. "N-no Shadow. I'm afraid." I said starting to cry. He held me close and rubbed my side. "It's ok Kiba. Y-your not the, only one who looks the way you do." He said moving his hand to his hat. I looked up and saw that he had black ears of a wolf on his head. I was amazed, he was just like me.

We sat there while the wind was blowing in our hair and tails. Just like my tail, Shadow's tail was all black. After a while longer, I knew that Daddy and the others would be looking for me. "I need to go Shadow." I said standing up and putting my drawing things in my bag. "Ok. Same time tomorrow? But without our hats?" He asked me. I laughed. "Yup. No hats." I said waving goodbye and walking home.