Chapter 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kiba's P.O.V.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uncle Trenderman gave me a kiss on my head and stood up from my bed. "I'll leave you both alone for a while so you can explain everything." He said walking over to Daddy and lightly gripping his shoulder. I knew there was something I did not want to happen; if I was going to be a killer like my first Daddy who was killed by my new Daddy, that I didn't want. I might live with killers now but I never want to be one. I hope that Daddy knew that. Daddy nodded to Uncle Trenderman and he left me and him alone, closing the door behind him. I looked up at Daddy and he looked at me with a face was the same one I got before I was hit because I did something wrong according to my other parents. I bent my new ears down and covered my head with my blankets, whimpering and almost crying like a wolf now. Daddy sat down on the bed and slowly took the blanket off me. "Kiba I'm not angry at you. And I'm not upset." He said setting the book down next to him. I looked up to him and he cupped my cheek with his hand and wiped off a tear from my face. I was so full of emotions and fear that I hugged his waist and started to cry. "I'm so sorry Daddy. I didn't know what was going to happen." I sobbed and hiccuped while he pulled me into his lap and cradled me, gently rocking back and forth. It was calming and gentle, so, I was able to calm down.

"There's no need to be afraid Kiba, you don't need to cry." Daddy said continuing to rock me back and forth and rubbing my head. I hiccuped again and I looked up at him. He kissed my head and smiled warmly at me. I remembered that he would never want to harm me in any way possible, he was my guardian and my father now. I hugged him tight and he hugged me back. "Everything's going to be alright Kiba. You have nothing to fear, you're safe here." Daddy whispered into my ear. He was right, I knew that I was safe with him and my new uncles. Daddy lifted my chin to have me look at him. "What's going to happen to me?" I ask wiping off some more tears from under my eyes. He sighed and grabbed the book setting it on his lap and in front of me so I could see.

The symbol on the book was of a red circle with an X through it. The symbol looked like it was scratched in, but also looked like it was there on purpose. Daddy opened the book and on the page that he opened to, was the mark of the crescent moon that was on my hand. I looked at my hand then back at the book as Daddy began to read.

"'Thousands of years ago, there was a tribe of people that had the mark of the crescent moon on their hands. There was a sacred tree that was opened to the moon when it was at the right time, and the person who was next to gain the symbol would be the right age. The age was five to six years old.'" When he said that I shifted slightly and gripped my hand. Was I going to be a monster? He continued to read. "'The moon gave them the powers of changing into what they where once they gained the symbol on the hand that touched the symbol of the wolf in the tree; wolves. They could change into a wolf when ever they wanted to at night, and if they where strong enough, during the day.' Do you see what this means Kiba?" He asked me. I didn't want to answer him, but I knew I had too. I hesitated, "It means I will turn into a wolf whenever I chose at night... And be a killer...." I added quietly, feeling like a monster already. "No, Kiba no, you're not a killer. You can control the wolf and not be a killer. But I know you wouldn't chose that path of being a killer like me." He said rubbing my head and pulling me to his chest. He was a killer, but he only killed the people that would do harm to others, and trespassers. I wouldn't want to kill anyone. I could hear his heart beating in my ear, and it was relaxing to me. I felt tired and yawned. Daddy closed the book and laid me down in bed. Covering me with the blanket, and kissing my head. "Get some sleep Kiba. You've had a long day." He said rubbing my head gently and lightly rubbing my left ear. I nodded and closed my eyes, falling asleep.

When I woke up the next morning, I felt normal, normal as I did before I gained my ears and tail. I got out of bed and changed into a fresh pair of clothes careful not to hurt myself on the base of my tail. After I changed, I brushed my hair, then opened my door. I walked out into the hallway. I always admired how large it was, the paintings, the plants, everything in the house was amazing. I peaked into the living room from the top of the stairs. I didn't see anyone on the couch or the chairs so I tip-toed into the kitchen to get myself a banana or something else. I heard shushing next to me and I got scared. I tried to run and call for Daddy, but a hand was placed over my mouth and the person held me. "Shhhh!! Don't scream kid. Your dad would kill us if he saw us here." The person said. It was a boy: he sounded like he was in his early twenties, wearing a yellow hoodie, and a black face with red eyes and mouth. "Hoodie put her down I can hear some one walking upstairs!" The other one said. He sounded about the same age as the boy who was holding me, only he had chocolate brown hair, and a white mask with black eyes and lips. I heard the back door open as "Hoodie" put me down, and both boys where pinned to the wall by Uncle Splendorman's tendrils. Daddy, Uncle Trenderman, and Uncle Offenderman ran down the stairs and into the kitchen to see what happened. I ran and hid behind Uncle Splendorman. "What the hell are you both doing here!" Daddy yelled as Uncle Splendorman dropped the boys and picked me up. I looked at the boys as they sat on the floor. "Boss we only wanted to meet your kid." Hoodie said. "We didn't mean to scare her honest." The other boy said.