Chapter 9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kiba's P.O.V.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A month had passed since I learned what I was going to become. I was seven today, and I had gotten great gifts from everyone in my family. Uncle Splendy gave me a polka dot dress that I could wear, Uncle Offendy got me a little rose bush that he said was all mine, and Daddy got me drawing supplies. Crayons, paper, note books, pencils, colored pencils, and even watercolor paint. The only one who didn't give me a gift yet was Uncle Trendy. I hoped he would give me a present today. I was walking around with a rose in my hair, my polka dot dress, and I even took one of my note books and a pencil with me. I was so lost in though when I was walking, that I didn't even notice that I was walking to the direction of my old home and parents. I saw what was left; charred wood on the ground, and distant memories that to me, seemed like horrific nightmares. Sitting down on the ground, I began to draw. My drawing had me, Daddy, and the house I live in now. It seemed like a memory that I would never forget, was when I was taken in by Daddy.

"Come on slow poke! You're gotta see the old rubble of the house!" A boy my age yelled. I ran back behind a tree to hide. "Wait for me Taylor! I want to see it too!" Another boy said chasing after him. The both stopped running and looked out at where the house was. "This is it." The lead boy said. "They say that when the house burnt down, the family that lived here was killed by.....Slenderman! And he took there kid with him, to raise them as a killer....." He said shouting Daddy's name. "Yeah right Taylor, even you know he doesn't exist." The other one said. From what I saw, Taylor was the blonde one. The other boy had black hair but most of it was covered by his hat. "C'mon Shadow, you have to admit: it would be cool if he was real." Taylor said. Who would name their boy Shadow? I wondered. I saw that Taylor was taking a step closer to where I was. I gasped quietly and tried to back away slowly.

Snap!

I stepped on a twig!

"Hey, you there!" Shadow said pointing at me. Taylor looked at me too and I froze. "Hahaha! Look at her hair! And what's with those ears?!" Taylor said pointing and laughing at me. I began to cry and I ran. Running deeper into the woods, I felt my rose that had in my hair had fallen out. "Hey! Wait up!" I heard behind me. But I didn't turn around, I just wanted them to go away and not make fun of me. I ran for a while when I tripped and fell, landing on the ground with a big thud and ripping my skirt. I stood up and wiped off my tears and my dress. "Hey, you forgot your rose." It was Shadow who was following me. He was wanting to give me back my rose. Shadow reached his hand out and handed me my rose. I got a better look of him. Big blue eyes, dark as night hair covered by a beanie hat, a warm smile, and, even gloves on his hands. It was cold out so I guess he was keeping his hands warm. "Uh thanks...." I say shyly, trying to hide my ears with my hand. "You're welcome." He said pulling his hand away after he gave me back my rose.

"Why are you hiding your ears?" He suddenly asked. "Uh-- what ears?" I ask backing away from him and holding my rose in my right hand. I was getting scared, I hadn't been with anyone besides Daddy, his proxies, and my uncles. "I'm sorry, did I scare you?" He asked. I just stood quiet. Shadow looked at my leg and bent down. "You hurt your knee." He said. "My Daddy can help me." I replied to him backing up further. Tears began to form in my eyes again, and I did my best to hide them and hold them back. "I'm sorry I have to go! Good bye!" I shouted to him running back home.

While I was running, I noticed that I got lost again. I tried to remember what to do if I was lost.

"If you're ever alone, and want someone to be there and guide you home, just rub the rose. I will be there in a heart beat."

Uncle Offendy said that to me. I closed my eyes and felt the charm of the rose. Rubbing softly, I hoped that it would work for him being there for me. I stopped rubbing when I felt gentle hands pick me up. I snuggled close to the chest of the person who picked me up. His arms snaked around my waist, and gently held me close. And his hands rubbed my hair softly and put my rose back behind my ear. We started to walk in the other direction from where I was originally running. "I told you I would come." Uncle Offendy said, protective and caring. "I know Uncle..." I say quietly and almost sounding tired from my cries and running. Uncle Offender chuckled lightly and continued to walk us back home. The sunlight felt good on my skin and my hair as we walking through the woods back home.