✰ FORTY - SAVE A SOUL FOR ME ✰

" sorry that I can't believe that anybody ever really starts to fall in love with me "

KLAUS heard the shout from the mother of his child and his head shot up from the drawing pad he had been sketching on. He heard a clatter after that as if Hayley had just hit the wall and he rushed out of his bedroom and into Hope's nursery, where he saw his sister standing over the cot of his daughter.

"Rebekah, what are you doing?" he demanded his sister but then she spun around, arms being thrown in the air and his head felt like it was combusting. He heard Hayley running in again and then she was screaming too. This wasn't Rebekah. This was Eva Sinclair. Klaus managed to fight through the pain to slice Rebekah's leg. This only made her angrier and she got stronger and the pain almost burst through his head.

But when the pain was gone and they managed to push themselves to their feet to check on their daughter, Rebekah was gone, out of the now open window. Luckily, Hope was still there, still staring up at them, big brown eyes blinking in questioning.

"Klaus," came Hayley's frightened voice, wavering at the shock that she had just felt. "Where's Lena? She would've came running the minute she heard the commotion." Klaus felt his whole body flood with terror as he rushed from Hope's nursery. He had never ran so fast around the compound. Never shouted so loudly. Never felt such fear.

Lena was nowhere to be found.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

"I should stop packing these away," growled Klaus as he pulled the magic-blocking shackles from the box he had locked them away in. "There's always one family member or another in need of a good shackling," he joked. On the outside he was cool and collected, he was joking, waving the shackles about as if he found this all to be rather quite amusing. But inside he was freaking out. Anxiety had taken over the beating of his dead heart. He breathed apprehension. He could hardly see through the blur of uneasiness. Lena was missing. He had no idea where she was but he was certain it had something to do with Rebekah.

"Find Rebekah or Eva or whoever the hell that was," he ordered Marcel, shoving the shackles into his hands. "Use these to stop her from doing magic, and don't hurt her, the non-psychotic bits are still my sister and she is in possession of my girlfriend."

"We think," added in Hayley, from where she leant against the desk. Klaus' eyes darkened when he glanced over at her. She only shrugged in return.

"I won't be the only one looking for her," cut in Marcel before a fight could break out between the parents, "she killed the witch kids. The 24-hour hold that Elijah got the covens to agree to ended at midnight, every witch in the city is gonna be gunning for her." Klaus had to suck in a breath. His sister was in more danger than he imagined.