✰ NINETEEN - DRUNK IN LOVE ✰

" i'll admit that I'm a fool for you "

ONE month sounded like a very short time to Lena, until she realised that it had been thirty days, seven-hundred-and-twenty hours, forty-three-thousand-two-hundred minutes, two-million-five-hundred-and-ninety-two-thousand seconds. And once she realised that, she had to sit on the edge of her bed to stop herself from drowning in her own tsunami of thoughts.

Of course, she and Rebekah had facetimed every night since the woman left New Orleans, and they text each other all the time. But not seeing her in person was entirely new and different and Lena felt that seperation like a bullet through the heart. It was almost like there was a string attached between them and the further away they were from each other and the longer they were seperated, the more taut this string become, the easier it was to snap.

But she had survived a full month and she could survive another. So Lena pushed herself off of her bed (which she, of course, no longer shared with Rebekah) and smoothed down the creases she had created in her new plaid skirt.

The past month had been good. Nobody had died or been threatened and Klaus was actually being very tame. Actually, Klaus had pretty much tossed his crown to Elijah, who wore it with more dignity than Lena had ever seen. That man walked like he was supposed to lead. But while Klaus was painting and drowning his sorrows in scotch and Elijah was taking control, Lena was allowing herself to be free, to no longer feel the fear that came with constantly looking over your shoulder.

For the past month she had spent more time with Carlotta, Davina and Cami. Sometimes, if she wasn't feeling in the mood to go outside or if the weather just wasn't being very agreeable, she'd even hang out with Josh, but he liked to hang out with Davina quite a lot. They could both mope together without being called out on it. Cami was always testing out her new psychology skills on Lena, while Carlotta was very happy just to go shopping or hang out in the French Quarter.

Hayley, however, was always with the wolves. She had started off waiting for the minute the full moon rose in the air again so that she could give her newfound family and friends the remedy that Celeste had given her to rid them off the curse. And then the full moon came, and it worked, and she had found herself a new home. But Lena couldn't help but be happy for her. Hayley deserved it.

All in all, the month had gone by in a flash and even though she missed Rebekah dearly, it hadn't been that bad.

As Lena was passing by Klaus' bedroom, she heard two distinct voices. One was obviously Klaus', a dark rumble, like thunder booming across the sky in deep crescendo. The other was one she recognised only faintly from passing by in the street, a bitter breeze blowing back your hair in gorgeous falsetto.