✰ THIRTY SIX - WATCH OUT, BABY GIRL ✰

" i'm watching you choke down the words that you said "

REBEKAH - in the body that wasn't hers with the curly hair and the dark skin - frowned up at the beautiful painting of herself as Lena and Klaus came to stand on either side of her. Their heads all cocked to the side, taking in the paintings features, the delicate brush strokes, the porcelain skin, the golden blonde. It was perfectly Rebekah in the way that Lena knew her.

"That is just not my chin, Nik, it was much more delicate," complained Rebekah. Klaus scoffed.

"The only delicate thing about you, sister, is your ego," joked Klaus, moving to stand behind the couch. Lena let out a breath of laughter as she and Rebekah turned around the face the hybrid.

"Placed beside the behemoth of yours, certainly," shot back Rebekah. Klaus began to chuckle, but on the other end of the phone that sat in between them all, Elijah let out a very loud sigh.

"Could we dispense with this fascinating dispute for a moment and return to the subject of our lost sister?" he asked. Last night, after Rebekah had washed and changed, she had told them about the witch asylum she had been kept in and how it has been Freya Mikaelson - the lost sister - who had saved her.

"There's not much to discuss," Rebekah replied, "said she was Freya then darted off into the night."

"You believed her?"

"I met the girl in a mystical loony bin, she could be anyone, telling any lie. But she did seem familiar somehow."

"And how is she still alive?" asked Klaus, sobering up from his hilarity with his favourite sister. Lena was now sitting on the back of the couch, arms crossed over her chest as she listened to the Mikaelson siblings. "A question as ridiculous as its possible solutions given this family's annoying predilection for cheating death."

"I don't know," replied Rebekah, throwing her hands up in the air. "Just telling you what she said."

"Did you happen to ask if by some similar miracle, our Aunt Dahlia lives as well?"

Lena gulped. If she did, that meant Hope was in trouble. Dahlia would want the baby girl for her own because of the deal that Esther made with her all those years ago. She would be the wicked witch in the baby girl's very own story.

"I barely had a chance to--"

"On the list of questions, it'd be nice to know if the woman who placed a curse on the first-borns of this family is still breathing air."