:(

“I’m concerned of Edgar’s lack of interest in better commitment.”

Aaron tapped a teaspoon on his wine glass to get everyone’s attention.

“He’s in the right age to mingle with women.”

Johnny lost his appetite knowing where this conversation is going. He kept his hand at bay knowing that if he lost himself, he might just throw the bread knife right in the space between his uncle’s eyes.

Alexander frowned at his uncle, “I don’t think you understand, uncle. Edgar’s already in a relationship.”

“And it’s not a healthy one. He’s experimenting with the same gender. I doubt it would lead to a successful life.”

Each and every one of his present relatives looked at Johnny, their stares boring holes right into him.

“He must be in that stage in life where he wishes to taste every fruit in the garden, even the ROTTEN ones…”

THIS BASTARD!!!

Before Alexander could stop him, he was holding the lapels of his uncle’s suit, making Aaron dangle in mid- air with only Johnny’s grasp for support.

Johnny bends back one arm, ready to punch the living daylight out of him. But Alexander and a few of his cousins were already pulling his fist back and taking their uncle away from him.

Aaron smirked at the evident rage of his nephew, “I was only trying to right…”

“Shut up, uncle!” Alexander yelled at him. If this keeps up, he doesn’t know if they’ll be able to hold back veteran fighter.

“Fine, fine. I told my boss that my dashing young nephew has agreed to date his daughter. That’s all I’m trying to say.”

Johnny’s eyes widened, he never agreed to anything like that!

“She really wants to spend some time with you.”

“Uncle, do not even..”

“I’m not joking. I’ve even showed my boss and his daughter Edgar’s records, and they were more than happy to let him date her in a given schedule.”

With a click of his tongue, the finality of it dawned upon them.

“And besides, your brother’s name in the industry is at stake, Edgar.” What an underhanded mean to get him to agree, “You don’t want them to think that the Carters are not true enough to their word.”

Alexander frowned at his uncle’s conniving attitude. He hauled Johnny to the seat that is in the far end of their long table.

“You really don’t have to. It won’t affect my reputation in any way.”

“I know, Alexander. But this is my problem and I’ll take care of it.” Johnny pats him in the back, looking quite determined.

“Alright. So what’s the plan?”

“I’m going to do this shit for a while.”

                                                            NoShit

“Excuse me, ma’am.”

Clarence has been mapping out the whole port which consisted of red and white New England houses, and Celtic concrete tile designs wherever he steps. It’s been a good half an hour walk. He could definitely smell the sea or could possibly be the decaying fish guts in the fish market here in the port.