Prologue

Johnny gets what's happening nowadays in college, on the job trainings, and maybe even society. You see, Johnny is a big lump of a man covered in too many jackets or simply a dumb dork who couldn't dress himself properly. He can't groom himself properly with a man-comb and gel like any other guy styling his hair. No, he simply dries his hair sitting in front of an electric fan and hopes for the best. He doesn't shower himself with cologne or spray a tiny bit on him, he simply uses baby powder on his neck and back. He doesn't shave often, only shaves when his 5 o clock shadow turns into a full blown beard. The only thing good about his appearance is his body which is blessed with well-defined muscles that any woman would kneel to. Unfortunately, he hides it through thick jackets and worn out baggy pants. To simply put it, Johnny is a lazy dumb dork with no sense of style whatsoever.

He gets it really. Good looking people get the job easily while less attractive people need to work twice as hard to get a job. But Johnny is neither at the moment. He's too busy drowning himself in self-pity. Like when he was still a freshman, he's moping about why his professors like his chubby classmate with a baby face when he's the one with the better marks. He's a person that complains a lot but never bothers to do anything about it. He doesn't hate the guy, he's just jealous that he's easier to get along with than Johnny is. He thinks that it's not his fault that people base how approachable a person is through their looks and that he's a little bit antisocial. So maybe it is his damn fault. Still reasons that he's not damn good with crowds.

The only people  that he's good with are his two childhood friends, Hugh and Alejandro. Let's start with Hugh, he's smart but too lazy to put it to good use. A bit of a playboy, can't stay in a relationship within a week. Alejandro is also a lazy person burdened with his no breathing space of a course in college (Accounting), though miraculously finds enough time to be such a party animal. They all have one thing in common: Laziness. At first it was what they all thought that connected them. It was really because they were comfortable with each other, even with Hugh's straightforwardness and sarcasm, Alejandro's shitty "I have no time" excuses, and Johnny's insecure complaints. And besides, they make a real badass triple threat in any game.

Edgar John (Johnny) P. Carter was not expecting a major 180 degrees turn of his life, especially not made by him. Now Johnny categorized himself as a straight guy but he was never attracted to any woman once in his life (that includes those hot ladies in the media). Not with hot models. Not with sexy actresses. Not with international beauty queens. But he does like to check their booties once in a while (an act of appreciating the sites). He simply finds them easy on the eyes but all in all not porn material. He couldn't bring himself to imagine that he was gay since he's not into anyone in the same gender as him. Nope, not attracted to anyone. But it seems that there is one that simply made him do a double take on his sexuality

Only one. Caught his eye when he finally found a translated copy of Plato's "Symposium" in the school library. This one person who made the first move to talk to him. This one person that he doesn't know(yet). To say that Johnny was confused is an understatement. He was utterly baffled that someone even bothered to walk up to him and ask him in a very soft whisper, "Could you please help me?" He nodded dumbly. Unable to deny this person anything at the moment.

The strange person smiled at him. And it keeps bothering him that this person is carefree enough to freely give him a smile that is supposed to be reserved for close friends and family. Someone you're close enough. It took Johnny all of his willpower to look away and level his voice to be calm, "How can I help you?"

"I am looking for a book."

"What is the title of book?" he was nervous, the palm of his hands are starting to sweat.

The sound of the air-conditioning units in the library seems to be buzzing in his ears as well as the hushed whispers of secrets and gossips of all the other students in the library. He was waiting for this person's answer and everything inside was making it hard for him to hear the answer.

The stranger pouted and closed his eyes as if thinking very hard to remember his answer. Then he looked at Johnny straight in the eye, licked his lips and told him, "The Symposium".

Johnny swallowed hard and looked away from the stranger's luscious pink lips and jade orbs. He was a man, dang it! He faced the stranger and stood a bit straighter, finally noticing that this person's a head smaller than him accompanied by a neat trimmed black hair.

"Here. It's yours" he let out a breath to calm himself and gave him the book.

"Thank you, but are you sure?" the stranger asked thoughtfully.

Johnny looked at him, assessing within himself if he was suddenly struck by Cupid's arrow. Or maybe he was having a seizure.

"Take it, I've read it anyway."

He offered another smile at him.

"Thank you."

"Two..." Johnny unconsciously voiced out his count of the person's number of smiles at him.

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry, I- you're welcome." Smooth, Johnny, very smooth.

"Oh, well... I'm sorry that I was rude and forgot to introduce myself," he smoothed his hand and held it out for Johnny to shake, "I'm Clarence Morgan."

Johnny with all his stupidity simply stared at him like a piece of meat.

"Clarence." Clarence repeated feeling dejected and lowered his hand. Everything was so noisy, especially his heart that he keeps hearing that was drumming in beats in his ears and wants to burst out of his chest

"I know." Johnny said then walked away from a very confused Clarence.

Johnny felt so embarrassed that he was staring at him. He was so stupid. He should have said something. But he was so frustrated. It's as if he wanted the guy.