Mending

Johnny was told to keep going back to the caffe for the rest of the week. There was a lot of cleaning and reconstructing to do. Especially in the plumbing. There was a wad of barf that matted the carpet, that Hugh and him were assigned to wash. The walls stunk of booze and they didn't know how the smell got stuck there. The frames of the $50 paintings were all but wrecked. Some windows were smashed and should be replaced. And let's not forget the undergarments and shards of glass on the floor. It's a miracle that their guests left unharmed.

With so many liabilities, Johnny's bonus was a no go. It's not that he needed the money, he has lots of those. But he worked hard for it and now there's a roll-back. They really shouldn't serve booze or cater a bachelor or bachelorette's party either. He's thinking of asking Auntie to limit their services to coffee and Italian food.

Could this week get any worse?

Apparently it has.

Kate came to him the next morning, telling him that he's a bastard. And almost bitch-slapped him. Almost. He caught her hand easily.

"Whatever it is that made you say that, I have no part of it." He snarled at her.

"You act all innocent but I know you're just another horny bastard and to think I even helped you." She was fuming, he can see it. She wants to say more but they were in school property and it would make quite a scene if they keep this up.

"What is this about?" He calmly asked her. He really shouldn't hit people even he has the urge to do so.

"You broke my bestfriend's heart, asshole." She poked his his chest hard, hurting her index finger but she didn't mind, "If you ever go near him again, I'll personally castrate you."

The sudden notion caught him off guard that he didn't even feel the stomp of Kate's heels on his foot, then walked away from him.

There's just no way. He didn't do anything. He never batted an eyelash for anyone else other than him. But still.. What did he do..?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I talked to him for you." After her little episode with Edgar, she made her way to the Marketing offfice, "I was wrong about that guy, I'm sorry for letting him get near you."

She should've known better. There are always those scums preying on Clarence, letting him hope, then leave him in the end. Edgar was no different. She was fooled by his (in)sincere words when talking to Clarence.

He's angsty now. His old wounds and insecurities resurfacing. Clarence always seemed like a bomb, you don't know when he'll just up and explode.

"It's alright. It's all my fault for giving him a chance or myself for that matter." he bit his thumb. He was holding back the tears as he remembers how that woman moved herself on Edgar. Why couldn't I just be born a girl..?

"And you didn't have to do that.. I would've talked to him.. eventually." he covered his face with his hands, "I'm pathetic, Kate.. Pathetic.."

"Shhh... No you're not.." Kate can't do anything but comfort him. She ran a hand on his back to calm him down.

Her bestfriend is having another breakdown. She hopes that chocolate cake, ice cream, and a movie marathon will be enough for him to get over this like all the others.

She hopes that Edgar is having the worst day of his life now..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------