One-shot 1

“I can’t believe we’re actually going to their signing.” Your friend squeals, clutching your arm excitedly.

“I know!” you say, your breathing quickening just at the thought of it.

You had received tickets to go to the One Direction meet and greet just hours ago for buying their album from a special newsagency. The woman said your tickets were the last ones she was giving away and that you were very lucky because they were going quickly. Of course they were going quickly, they’re One freakin’ Direction!

You and your friend are currently in the car, travelling to the meeting place. Your Up All Night albums rest in your laps, waiting to be signed.

When you arrive at your destination there are hundreds of screaming teenage girls. You and your friend leap out of the car, joining the line. It seems like your friend is hyperventilating and you have to grab her hand to calm her down.

It seems like ages before you actually reach the doorway. You can just make out a table but as you move further up the line the boys come into view.

You try hard to contain your fangirling as you exchange a few words with each of the boys, who look at you with bright friendly smiles on their faces. When you reach Harry he signs your album and then looks up at you. An expression seems to register on his face that you can’t quite figure out. Lust? He quickly masks it with a cheeky little smile as he passes you a piece of paper he wrote something on.

You are ushered away from him as the line moves and you duck into a corner and straighten the note out to read it.

Hang around. I want to talk to you. You can bring your friend if you want. – Harry

He wants to talk to you? Your heartbeat rises so it’s even faster than it was before.

Your friend is dancing around up further ahead and you think of what she will be like when you tell her about the note.

You slowly approach her, the note remaining clutched in your shaky hand.

When you stop her to show her she absolutely loses it. Before she can go too berserk you tap her and she slows down slightly on her excited rambling.

“I can’t believe it either, but you’ve got to calm down or we might be escorted to the mental home.”

She just giggles continuously as you roll your eyes at her.

You and your friend wait for about two hours and are discussing whether or not to leave when you hear a voice behind you.

“Hello, ladies.”

You nearly have a heart attack as you recognize the owner of the voice instantly.

“Sorry I kept you waiting for so long, I had no idea how many people were out there. I had expected you would have left.”

“Left? God no.” Your friend begins to have a laughing fit.

“Anyway, you guys are probably wondering why I’ve asked you to stay.”

“Y-yeah.” You stumble over words, nodding.

“Well, it’s because...” He takes a step closer to you. “I want to ask you out on a date.”

He smiles and looks at you. “As soon as I looked up and saw you I was awestruck. I’ve never seen anyone so beautiful in my entire life.”

You blush, not being able to believe that the one and only Harry Styles is saying these things to you. You look over to your friend for a moment who is standing there, mouth hanging open, jealousy obvious in her eyes. Harry looks over at her too and his smile grows wider.

“Oh, I almost forgot. Niall needs someone to take as a date for an event. He was too shy to ask you directly but he quite fancies you and wonders if you’d like to go with him?”

“Oh, of course.  I’d love to,” your friend gushes, obviously trying so hard to contain herself.

But what you can’t believe is that you scored a date with Harry Styles.

“So,” Harry starts, taking your hand and kissing it, “What’s your name?”

“Ashlee Jayde,” you whisper shakily, grinning widely.

“So, what about that date?” he smirks, green eyes glittering.

“A most definite yes,” you answer, trying really hard not to fangirl in front of him.

“Do you girls need a ride home? I can take you,” he says.

“Yeah, we do actually. We’d love it if you could do that, thank you,” you say.

“Anytime,” he says, his adorable dimples showing.

Not long after you are sitting in a limo with Harry Styles beside you, getting driven through the streets of London.

You can’t believe all this has happened to you by simply going to a book signing.

***

Sorry if it's a bit rushed, I hope you like it :) xx